Page 1 of 2
I dont own a car and I dont want to own a car.So i dont have to rely on anyone to get to were i need to go I either Ride my bike or walk,which i like doing.I even dont mind riding my bike 25miles to the theater to see a movie or ride 60miles to do some volunteer work over the weekend.but everyone I know thinks i am crazy because I dont want a car and i will ride my bike or walk anywhere i want to go.

It kinda seems like peoples general view is 'if I dont have a car(automobile),how am i going to get anywhere.'

the way i look at it is 'people got were they needed to go for thousands of years by either walking or riding an animal and they did just fine and I save a ton of money by not having to pay for stupid high gas prices or maintanance on a car or car payments.

so pit.am I crazy because I prefer other types of getting were i need to go or are people just so use to getting there fat butts drivin everywhere?
Last edited by brender at Mar 23, 2012,
You're not crazy, I wish I could be more like you.
But I live in the country where it rains nonstop and there are no bike lanes and everyone drives over 55 mph.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I'd like to be able to walk/ride my bike everywhere, but here it simply is not feasible. It was in the small town I grew up in, but not in any place I've lived since then.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
I don't like transportation. /thread
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I don't drive/have a car. I walk/bike/take public transportation. Kinda a pain sometimes, but it's not so bad.
I don't have the energy or patience to walk everywhere, but kudos to you for doing so - you're saving money and helping your body. Unusual, but not crazy, and probably better than driving.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I agree that most people "abuse" their car for doing small chores (going to the bakery that's 2 streets away), and most of transport is because people have become spoiled with luxury.
I also walk or use public transportation, but I don't do that so I can save alot of money. I do so because having my own car + letting it rust or just use it for the most stupid things imo is simply an ecological waste. I care for the environment
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
You're not crazy. I used to do the same thing myself. i would walk or ride my bike to get to and from work and school. Unfortunately with my current job I kinda needed a vehicle of some sort.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I can own a car, sure.

But why drive a car if I can ride a bike and avoid having to go to the gym at the same time ?
I don't have a car, don't have a license, not planning to get one. I love trains and don't need to go anywhere special. Parents and friends call me crazy. What they don't know is that I'm crazy for entirely different reasons. There's plenty more wrong with me.

Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
I used to think like that, but then I got a car.

Had a car but i sold it cause it was crapping out
I have a bunch of musical equipment that I have to transport. so a bike isn't a good idea.
i can't wait to get my license and a car so i can drive places. it'll be a lot nicer to be able to drive the last 2 years of HS than to take the bus

and that as well ^ I got a lot of gear to transport
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
im morally opposed to transportation.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
i walk everywhere unless i need to go to another part of the island in which case i take the bus.
I hate taking the bus. I took the bus in high school, I took the bus in my first year of college and I take the bus one day a week for a ****ing hour to get to college. Thank **** I don't take it everyday, that's why I signed up for online classes.

Our bus system is shit, they have these schedules posted everywhere, a number you can call to find out when they come, yet 80% of the time, they're either late, or they've already passed and there's literally **** all anyone can do about it.

They're also incredibly expensive, they obviously take advantage of the fact that we have 2 main colleges here and a huge university (which takes up like half of our downtown core).

Everytime I get on that bus, I can't believe I'm paying pricks who walked out on us a few years ago because ''they wanted better shifts and better routes to drive'', you're a ****ing bus driver, you chose this life, live with it, it's only going to get so good. As soon as I walk on there and stay standing for an hour I can almost hear everyone singing the tune of the soviet anthem all together, all miserably content that they have to take OC transpo, or Ottawa Communist transportation. Everyone crams in, everyone empties their wallets, no one gets what they paid for and yet our city's bus system runs like it's nobody's business.

SLASH ****ING RANT
I don't need transportation, mainly because I never go anywhere.

But i used to like walking more than driving or taking cabs. Problem is, the way Dubai is set up doesn't really help much. It's all roads and highways, and it's always ****ing hot.
I live in London, so the public transport is generally pretty good, i guess it is unreliable at times, but if you want to get around central London quickly, your best bet is to take the underground, as the traffic and one way systems make driving a bit of a nightmare. I don't drive or have access to a car, but it is only really a problem if i want to move an amp somewhere or if i want to go outside of the city.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I can't afford a car, but I don't really need one at the moment.
I live within walking distance of wherever I need to go, public transport in my area is affordable and (reasonably) reliable, and I don't need to transport heavy things on a regular basis.
I can't drive (yet) and so I rely on public transport to get to work.
It's not so bad, but it would be nicer if I could drive so I wouldn't have to get up at 6.30am or worry about bad traffic making the bus late. I'm fortunate I live in an area that's well connected, but some places you do need a car to get to.

I don't see the point in driving somewhere that you could walk to in less that 30mins when you don't have to carry anything heavy.

Judging by the fact petrol is gonna get more expensive again thanks to the new Budget (cheers Chancellor!) it's going to work out far cheaper to get public transport than own a car. Considering that to get any bus for the week is £15.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by ChadLikesGuitar
I used to think like that, but then I got a car.

Yuuuuuuuuup

Quote by OddOneOut

I don't see the point in driving somewhere that you could walk to in less that 30mins when you don't have to carry anything heavy.

Cause you can do it in 10 minutes
Last edited by Ssargentslayer at Mar 24, 2012,
I use my car to go to school and to band practices, our bus system is simply a failure.
I takes 9 min to drive to school, but if I ride the bus it takes an hour, and I can't carry anything too large or heavy in a bus ( for reasons I do understand )

This summer, I'll be moving to an apartment close to my school, and I'll ride my bike to get there in less than 20 minutes. Gas saving FTW !
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Yuuuuuuuuup

Cause you can do it in 10 minutes

And then you have to park. Around here, that's a bitch to do because there's so many cars and barely anywhere to park. Also places like the pub, you don't want to drive there, cos then you can't drink.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I own four cars. I enjoy driving.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
in london so car is pointless.
use tube/bus, mostly bike though.
now extra flamey
I have a car and a bike.

I think I've only ever used public transportation like 4 times in my life. The same train to go down to the sports complex in Philadelphia. Never been in a cab or on a bus.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by sashki
You can take the bus and be there in 10 minutes, possibly less if there are dedicated bus lanes in your area.

Ha! In Canadaland, specifically the oil capital, we don't like public transit. Everyone has to drive a massive ****ing truck as fast as they can and the person who hits the most cars and causes the worst traffic wins! Its really a great system.
If I had a bike, I would bike to stores that were around me like walmart/iga and such.
The thing is, I happen to live in the largest City in the US so a lot of the places I would need to get to means having to get on the interstate.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Quote by OddOneOut
And then you have to park. Around here, that's a bitch to do because there's so many cars and barely anywhere to park. Also places like the pub, you don't want to drive there, cos then you can't drink.

Well I don't know where you are, but over here, you're honestly dumb if you downtown. It's either because sadly you live there, you're 18 and drunk and pretty much have no choice to take the bus or you're just dumb and think you're cool when you go clubbing regardless if you have a car or not.

Parking here is min. 14$ a day, but it always costs you more somehow, plus if you're going downtown for beers, expect to pay close to 30$ for a pitcher. Hooray for Ontario.

That's why we just avoid downtown completely.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Ha! In Canadaland, specifically the oil capital, we don't like public transit. Everyone has to drive a massive ****ing truck as fast as they can and the person who hits the most cars and causes the worst traffic wins! Its really a great system.

I always imagined Canada as being friendly and civilised.

How wrong I was.
Quote by OddOneOut

Get a scooter :3

65-115mpg (based on scooter sizes 500cc-50cc) will 100% trump a bus in terms of weekly prices (though heavy items would require additional storage space, not too hard to find for a scoot )
Also you'd have something you can drive/ride whenever

Additional: doesn't this look freaking awesome? >_>

EDIT: ex: daily commute and work is 5 out of 7 days a week, 10 miles there, 10 back.
with 80mpg and 100miles a week you're spending less than £7 pounds a week (approx).
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Mar 24, 2012,
Quote by sashki

How wrong I was.

You're talking about Ontario when you say we're hostile and wild.
Quebec is slightly different, at least downtown.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Mar 24, 2012,
Quote by sashki

How wrong I was.

Ontario is mainly just a big sackjob. Especially Ottawa, where a shit ton of people have government jobs, and those who don't, or let's say if you're a student, you pretty much have to merge into the norm or you just have to move, it's just ridiculously unaffordable.
Quote by brender
I dont own a car and I dont want to own a car.So i dont have to rely on anyone to get to were i need to go I either Ride my bike or walk,which i like doing.I even dont mind riding my bike 25miles to the theater to see a movie or ride 60miles to do some volunteer work over the weekend.but everyone I know thinks i am crazy because I dont want a car and i will ride my bike or walk anywhere i want to go.

It kinda seems like peoples general view is 'if I dont have a car(automobile),how am i going to get anywhere.'

the way i look at it is 'people got were they needed to go for thousands of years by either walking or riding an animal and they did just fine and I save a ton of money by not having to pay for stupid high gas prices or maintanance on a car or car payments.

so pit.am I crazy because I prefer other types of getting were i need to go or are people just so use to getting there fat butts drivin everywhere?

American culture is so obsessed with getting a car and driving, I hate that. I like public transport much more. And the only reliable public transport is in the cities.
Quote by Good_Lord
You're talking about Ontario when you say we're hostile and wild.
Quebec is slightly different, at least downtown.

Quebec is ****ing party land man.

Actually, it isn't for no reason why they used to have ads saying ''Le Québec c'est les vacances!''

Anyways, I love going there, good times, neat shit to do, cheap beer, always people just like you getting wasted.

Except for the roads though, the roads are ****ing horrid. I was on Sherbrooke street in Montreal and I thought I was driving on an offroad trail.
Page 1 of 2