Hey guys,
When I bend the E string up my finger touches the g string. Then when I bend back down it kinda pulls on the g string and makes a small 'thump' sound. How the hell can I resolve this, I've tried playing really slow but it doesn't make any difference. I do mute the lower strings with my palm too. When I look at David Gilmour and the like I cant understand how they band strings so flawlessly.

HELP!
Practice and more practice. When I bend, I push the other strings out of the way with the pad of my finger. Also, use two fingers if needed. Everyone starts out having problems, but eventually they figure it out.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Practice and more practice. When I bend, I push the other strings out of the way with the pad of my finger. Also, use two fingers if needed. Everyone starts out having problems, but eventually they figure it out.

I've been playing for three years though, I can bend it up to the right pitch and do vibrato almost perfectly, I just cant get around that little thump.
I honestly can't imagine that happening.
But I mean, if it is, my advice would pretty much be the same as KG6_Steven. Just bend the other three strings and only pick the E.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
often i will also touch the g-string without thinking about it. the cops tend to get involved at this point.
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Quote by LynchMobster
often i will also touch the g-string without thinking about it. the cops tend to get involved at this point.

Oh god, it took me a while to get that.
At that point I had fallen out of my chair.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.