Page 1 of 16
Why is this being deemed a racially motivated shooting?

Iz it because i is blak?

Also...isnt the shooter Mexican or something?
It's believed to be racially motivated because the man who shot him only did it because he believed he was a suspicious looking person because he was a black kid walking through a predominantly white, suburban neighborhood.

And no, the shooter was white.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Because the dude he shot was a little boy doing nothing but walking home. Just because the guy was not white doesn't mean he can't be racist. Plus neighborhood watch guys are not supposed to carry guns. If it was my guess there is more to the story than what we are being told.
Because it was a black kid who was walking around a gated community in FL armed with nothing more than some M&Ms and Arizona Ice Tea. He was on his way back to his relatives' house, which happens to be probably the only black residents in the neighborhood when some scumbag cop wannabe sees him and automatically assumes there's no good reason for a black kid to be in such a privileged area and must be up to no good.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
because a white douchebag saw a young black man walking down the street and decided for absolutley no reason other than he was black that he was suspicious.

zimmerman, the killer is half latino but how does that in your mind mean he is not racist?
you don't have to be white to be racist..
Quote by Xiaoxi
Because it was a black kid who was walking around a gated community in FL armed with nothing more than some M&Ms and Arizona Ice Tea. He was on his way back to his relatives' house, which happens to be probably the only black residents in the neighborhood when some scumbag cop wannabe sees him and automatically assumes there's no good reason for a black kid to be in such a privileged area and must be up to no good.

Thats reason enough for me.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by claptoncocaine
because a white douchebag saw a young black man walking down the street and decided for absolutley no reason other than he was black that he was suspicious.

zimmerman, the killer is half latino but how does that in your mind mean he is not racist?
you don't have to be white to be racist..

Don't even go there, you're bound to have at least one arrogant prick come in and say all that "there's no such thing as reverse racism because power + prejudice = racism and only whites have power" bullshit.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Thats reason enough for me.

You're an idiot.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
M&Ms and Arizona Ice Tea.

I thought they were Skittles. Everyone keeps switching in between M&M's and Skittles.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Quote by Xiaoxi
You're an idiot.

He was obviously joking. Made me chuckle.

OT: Isn't this kind of old? Plus, TS, why don't you just necro the thread that this was based on?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Jako215
Because the dude he shot was a little boy doing nothing but walking home. Just because the guy was not white doesn't mean he can't be racist. Plus neighborhood watch guys are not supposed to carry guns. If it was my guess there is more to the story than what we are being told.
He was 17, not some little kid. The picture they keep showing is from when he was like 12 years old.

This isn't racist in the slightest. The guy made a terrible lapse in judgement and should be punished as such, but racism? What the fuck, America?
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by caeser1156
They don't eat Skittles either, only fried chicken and watermelon.

But is the whole Skittles/M&M's thing really that important of a detail
I think we should all just say it was Skittles to avoid confusion.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
wat
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
because the victim was black and the shooter was white (hispanic).

this was a quote from a CNN article i read earlier today.

i raged.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
To quote somebody from the last thread, you must not be familiar with white people and gated communities.

Quote by NoLaurelTree000

i raged.

Why? White and Hispanic aren't mutually exclusive categories.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Mar 23, 2012,
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

i raged.

>CNN

There's the problem.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Quote by StillSublime
He was 17, not some little kid. The picture they keep showing is from when he was like 12 years old.

This isn't racist in the slightest. The guy made a terrible lapse in judgement and should be punished as such, but racism? What the fuck, America?

If the victim was white, do you think the same thing would have happened?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by StillSublime

Would that "lapse in judgement" (in other words, the drunken use of a weapon to shoot a middle class high schooler) have occurred if that teenager had been white?

No. Clearly not. It is a blatantly racist act.

Regardless of the motivation, there is no reason for that fool to still be free while that boy is dead.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Mar 23, 2012,
Quote by dann_blood
If the victim was white, do you think the same thing would have happened?
>terrible lapse in judgment

I never said anything about the guy's colour at all. It probably wouldn't have happened, but it's just an irrational thing that people in upper-middle class neighbourhoods have. Normally blacks aren't in the area, so of course the people are going to be slightly suspicious. Now, it's not right, but it's just something they do.
Quote by MakinLattes
Would that "lapse in judgement" (in other words, the drunken use of a weapon to shoot a middle class high schooler) have occurred if that teenager had been white?

No. Clearly not. It is a blatantly racist act.

Regardless of the motivation, there is no reason for that fool to still be free while that boy is dead.
Who said he's going free?

And no. It's not racist.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
You guys see that goofball on fox on about "Welp, sry, he shouldn't'a been wearin' a hoodie?" That shit cray.
Quote by caeser1156
It's believed to be racially motivated because the man who shot him only did it because he believed he was a suspicious looking person because he was a black kid walking through a predominantly white, suburban neighborhood.

And no, the shooter was white.

No the shooter was hispanic.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
On the 911 call, Zimmerman called the kid a "****ing coon". I'd say that is justification for calling him racist.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by StillSublime

And no. It's not racist.

There is a black family living there. What kind of assumption is that? My father is black, and he lives in a nice area of Berkeley while me and my white mother lived in the ghetto.

It's racist. He did it because the kid was black. Duh.

Quote by izbbass
No the shooter was hispanic.

There is a rather large overlap there.
Quote by StillSublime

I never said anything about the guy's colour at all. It probably wouldn't have happened, but it's just an irrational thing that people in upper-middle class neighbourhoods have. Normally blacks aren't in the area, so of course the people are going to be slightly suspicious. Now, it's not right, but it's just something they do.

And that's what we call 'racism,' kids.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by MakinLattes
There is a black family living there. What kind of assumption is that? My father is black, and he lives in a nice area of Berkeley while me and my white mother lived in the ghetto.

It's racist. He did it because the kid was black. Duh.

How is the fact that a black family in the area relevant? How was this man supposed to have known the kid?

I honestly don't see what your background has to do with this at all, so..

Lol. Ok, I'll just let you keep thinking that.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
This:
Quote by StillSublime

is in direct contradiction to this:

Quote by StillSublime
And no. It's not racist.

Basically, this black kid was targeted and shot where a white kid wouldn't have been. Meaning, there was differential treatment based on race. That is, it's totally racist.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by StillSublime

And no. It's not racist.

It's not racist in the same way that you're not stupid.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by StillSublime
How is the fact that a black family in the area relevant? How was this man supposed to have known the kid?

Because they were neighbors, and people usually don't bring a bag of candy when committing a crime.

Do you go around shooting non-white strangers?

I honestly don't see what your background has to do with this at all, so..

Your assumption that nonwhite people don't often live in upper class neighborhoods is wrong.

Lol. Ok, I'll just let you keep thinking that.

What else would you call racially motivated murder?

edit: I guess you're the kind of person who thinks rape babies are gifts from some divine being.

I'm going back to playing Pokémon.
Quote by dann_blood
This:

is in direct contradiction to this:

Basically, this black kid was targeted and shot where a white kid wouldn't have been. Meaning, there was differential treatment based on race. That is, it's totally racist.

K. I get your point. My bad.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
HEY GUESS WHAT
zimmerman is hispanic so anyone saying it wouldn't happen if he was white can stfu

on another note, this happened in the city I border on.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by MakinLattes
Because they were neighbors, and people usually don't bring a bag of candy when committing a crime.

Do you go around shooting non-white strangers?
So you can recognize your neighbours if they're walking around at night with a hoodie on?

Your assumption that nonwhite people don't often live in upper class neighborhoods is wrong.
And your one family proves this point, eh? I think more statistics should be found this way.

What else would you call racially motivated murder?
I'm done arguing about the racial tendencies in this. I was wrong. I admit it.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Quote by Xiaoxi
It's not racist in the same way that you're not stupid.

i told everyone months ago, nobody listened.
Quote by stealstrings
Yes they do, they just have to have the white ones taken out.

There are no white M&M's.......