Hey guys
So I am in the market for a new acoustic guitar. Long story short Unless I could find a place with a payment plan I have about $300. Now, I couldnt find anything in the shops the past few weeks, but then I found this SX on ebay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SX-JG1-CVT-LH-WRS-ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-Left-Handed-/370589597661?pt=Guitar&hash=item5648dc7fdd

What are SX acoustic's like? I am looking for something that has a pre-amp in it, with a cutaway body.

What you guys think?
SX are the lower-end of rondomusic.com, at least in electrics although I'm quite sure it's the same in acoustics. i think that's made of ply-wood so I wouldn't get it. If you have $300 I'm sure patticake could recommend you something. I recommend the Yamaha FX370C, which I believe has nato sides and back with a solid spruce top and a high gloss finish. As for electronics i believe it has a 3-band eq.
Quote by Moose_Guitarist
What are SX acoustic's like? I am looking for something that has a pre-amp in it, with a cutaway body.

What you guys think?
I think if you're going to buy an SX guitar, you should buy it right from Rondo: http://www.rondomusic.com/acoustics.html

That being said, I don't think you should buy an SX guitar period. A low end Yamaha might be a good substitute. I don't know what they have in AE cutaway in your price range.

Just for a touch of back story Rondo's line of "Agile" electrics are their premier line. The higher end ones are well thought of.
don't settle for crappy just because your anxious. take your time save your money and get a better one. another alternative is to send me the 300( ironically im just that much short on my car payment... who'da thunk a '99 daewoo would be that much). i'll put it towards my guitar collection and you can come over and use up 300 worth of my guitar time. sounds like a great plan !
so, those are your 2 choices. which one sounds better?
not my fault... they were 'sposed to be "spillproof" !!!! turns out, apparently you right your name in all your underoos. i was gonna return em but there's a skidmark over the return address.
Last edited by stepchildusmc at Mar 24, 2012,
patticake would indeed recommend a yamaha, but thanks to you, i don't have to

i rarely worry much about back and sides woods on all laminate guitars since the veneer on most is paper thin, and we are never told what the woods underneath are. still, that yamaha was everyone's favorite in a blind test i did at gc - sounded pretty good, and better than the competitors.

Quote by dragonkidkoga
SX are the lower-end of rondomusic.com, at least in electrics although I'm quite sure it's the same in acoustics. i think that's made of ply-wood so I wouldn't get it. If you have $300 I'm sure patticake could recommend you something. I recommend the Yamaha FX370C, which I believe has nato sides and back with a solid spruce top and a high gloss finish. As for electronics i believe it has a 3-band eq.

good sounding guitar in its price range - bright, but pretty clear sound for laminate, possibly due to the mahogany top and the maple neck. i sorta like the fret markers, but alas, they're tim armstrong's label's mascot.

Quote by another_dave
You could try out a Fender Hellcat. That creeps in under budget. (fret markers look a bit naff though)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-tim-armstrong-hellcat-acoustic-electric-guitar/580406000010000

i'd suggest passing on the dean exoticas. in blind tests i did with similarly priced and spec guitars - a yamaha, epiphone, ibanez and a dean exotica - the exotica was rated the lowest by a store employee, my husband and several customers, all of whom i played them for without them looking to see which guitar was which. i definitely concurred - the dean had cardboardy tone, and was very quiet.

Quote by JakePlaysGuitar
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!