I'm looking for something like a mixture between a strat and an es 175. is there such a thing?
Tone wise, a Les Paul?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
PRS Hollowbody?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i think the closest to that you'll get really is a hollowbody with 3 P-90s that will allow you to get the bridge+middle and middle+neck combinations to emulate the "strat-quack". this should do the job fairly well but at the same time have a lot more tonal depth and resonance.

the only hollowbody with 3 P-90s i can think of at the moment is the epiphone riviera P-93. but i'm not sure if you can get those pickup combinations easily.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Squier deluxe Tele II. It has 2 Duncan Designed P-90s and only sells for around $250.00. One of the best deals going today, trust me on this one.
You're going about this all wrong. You don't want a guitar that's a cross between a strat and a 175. That's like saying you want a car that's a cross between a Hummer and Corvette. It goes against the laws of nature. What you REALLY want is a strat AND a 175.
Quote by stormin1155
You're going about this all wrong. You don't want a guitar that's a cross between a strat and a 175. That's like saying you want a car that's a cross between a Hummer and Corvette. It goes against the laws of nature. What you REALLY want is a strat AND a 175.

+1
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame