Well, hello everyone. If this topic has been posted before then I am sorry.

I have been learning Meridian- August burns red,. but am having issues with the sound I am producing. I have the intro down, and the alternate picking is fine, but then When I start playing ;

Single strokes 1:00 - 1:14
|------------------------------------------------------|
|------8(X8)-----15(X8)-----8(X6)-11(X2)-10(X8)-15(x8)-|
|-7(X8)-----7(X8)------7(X8)---------------------------|

1:14 - 1:24
|-------15(x8)------18(x3)-17(x3)--------------------|
|-15(x8)------15(x8)--------------15(x8)-11(x8)------|
|----------------------------------------------------|

the sound is correct but sounds very choppy, and repetitious, instead of the nice ringing sound from the song. I can post a video if that would help with giving me advice on this issue.

I am using a schecter c-1 SheDevil, tuned to drop c, with a BOSS metal pedal, and a marshal mg amp with mid gain.
If you dont like the sound of the current tone your getting then one thing I can advise is to pay attention to the articulation of the notes when you strike the strings. A weak tone is often the result of a weak attack on the strings and you can get a stronger tone if you attack the string with a little more force. Try changing the angle of your pick and find out your personal preference of tone.

Experiment with the settings on your amp and pedal while also experimenting between the pickups on your guitar to find out which one offers the most sustain. If you haven't gotten your guitar setup properly I would highly suggest you look into it since It can greatly affect the way it sounds and feels. Even different strings have an impact on the way the tone of your guitar sounds.

I haven't been playing for as long as the pros but so far this is all I can advise. Good luck with solving your problem.
Last edited by dannydawiz at Mar 24, 2012,