I really would like to know what model bass this is, because I am looking into getting a five string bass, and this guitar is just beautiful. I believe it to be an ESP LTD of some sort, but I don't know the exact model. Any help is greatly appreciated!

To me, it looks like a J-Series, perhaps a J-205, only thing that might make me think otherwise is the one tuning gear on the bottom of the head, ESP/LTD have all the tuning gears on top, like Fender
PRS Standard 22, Trans Blue
PRS Custom 24, Eriza Verde Green
Martin DC16 GTE Acoustic/Electric
Segovia Acoustic/Electric
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb
Fender Princeton Chorus 212
Go on to the ESP Japan website. Theres a tonne of crazy shit on there you'll never see outside Japan. The list of Japanese endorsers is huge and the list of signature instruments they do is even huger. Then there's the other custom stuff they do for their artists too. Hundreds if not thousands.
What I'm getting at is the chances of finding a specific bass a Japanese ESP artist I'd using is very slim.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
The price is about $6,000, though. Sad day for me. It'll take a long time before I'll have that beauty.
You could always customize a similar bass. Or make one from parts even, if you know the specs and have an idea of how to copy that finish. It might not be the same but it'd cost less. How much less would probably depend on how many generic parts you use.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Quote by GAPendragon
You could always customize a similar bass. Or make one from parts even, if you know the specs and have an idea of how to copy that finish. It might not be the same but it'd cost less. How much less would probably depend on how many generic parts you use.

I think that even if I bought the same parts, it would be significantly cheaper. I'll look into doing that for sure.
Quote by AndrewTheAttack
http://www.guitarjapan.com/edwards/spec/e-am-138qm.html

Found a clone of it (also Japanese, obviously) going for $1610.

edit: It's missing the MID EQ, which I can do without, anyways.

is that on your price range?
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Edwards is the same company as ESP anyway.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I'm going to try to reply to all of you at once. haha.

That is not in my price range currently... but it is much easier to make 1,000 bucks than 6,000.

Yeah, I figured out that Edwards is the same company as ESP, but I wonder about it then... I wonder why this clone is so much cheaper (still not exactly cheap by any means, but much cheaper than the other one)

The player shown in the picture is Akino from the visual kei band, REALies. They're pretty good in my opinion.
The flamboyant attire caught my eye. Visual kei is a pretty good explanation for that. I checked out some of their stuff though and I gotta say I'm not a fan.
That's what i think too .
Last edited by RANDY1888 at Mar 26, 2012,