Anyone ever try to use their favorite song as a ringtone for their cell phone?

For me, it lasted about two weeks, because every time the song would play on my IPod, I always thought someone was calling me.

The song I used was Time by Pink Floyd.

Anybody else have a disastrous Cell Phone Ringtone Story?
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
I was in church, when all of the sudden...

(someone finish post)
Quote by Joe-Floyd-lover

Anybody else have a disastrous Cell Phone Ringtone Story?

No, I don't think that's actually possible

I did have the same ringtone as a girl from high school though. That's how we met actually. Whenever I hear the intro to The Beatles' I Want You/She's So Heavy I still think of her and how badass we were back in the day because of that.
Quote by soundgarden1986
I keep mine on vibrate because I don't like to annoy people.

Same
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by soundgarden1986

Same.
My ringtone is the riff of Riverside mother****er. Nokia 3310 has this programme which allows you to make your own very basic riffs.
If it works as a ringtone, then fine.

Never as an alarm clock.

And no, I don't have any disastrous ringtone stories.

Although, http://youtu.be/hZKjvGk7qhA
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
My ringtone is "great balls of fire." It usually gets a laugh out of somebody.
Last edited by Thrill-house at Mar 24, 2012,
I don't because then you start hatin the song, so I just put my phone on vibrate
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Not that anyone ever calls me, but vibrate is easily the non-douche way to go.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
Not that anyone ever calls me, but vibrate is easily the non-douche way to go.

Same.
I walked into my economics class one time last year and my phone mustve hit off something in my pocket because it suddenly started playing **** her gently by tenacious d. Trying to turn that off was the most panicked thing ive ever done lol
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Not really disastrous...
I have the "Play 'em off keyboard cat" song as my ringtone for when I get a text. I had just finished telling this really cute girl (that knew the song) that I had that as my text tone and was like "I'm sure someone'll text me soon" because I had just texted someone.

Well that person decides to call me instead, and my ringtone happens to be "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. It got about as far as "Ra Ra, Ra ah...." before I answered. Cute girl almost died laughing.

Quote by meh217

(someone finish post)

Amidoinitrite?
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Last edited by King Of Suede at Mar 24, 2012,
used to have crossroads as my ringtone before i decided to change it one day to the normal ringy ring phone tone thing.

and haven't looked back.
Usually vibrate but if not The Final Countdown because of Arrested Development
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by meh217

(someone finish post)

I was in church, when all of the sudden the phone of the girl next to me started going off playing "Sexy and I Know It."

True story. Happened just this week.
I pride myself on my humility.
I don't know what my ringtone is because my phone's always on silent/vibrate.
cat
My phone is always on vibrate (so I can insert), if it isn't it's just the stock ringtone.
My buddy was sitting with me in the hospital one night, and the room was dead silent except the nurse tending to the guy I was sharing a room with. All of a sudden, my bro's phone busts out with, "ALL DIS BULLSHIT DONE MADE ME STRONG MO****A"
Mine is always on silent. Not even vibrate.
i use the "alarm only" setting for my alarm clock, and even then it's just the stock tone...
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
I've had mine on vibrate for a few years now, but before that it was Tornado of Souls by Megadeth. It was something that I picked because it's pretty loud right from the start, so I'd certainly know that somebody was ringing me.

I got cofused once when it started rigning, though. I was sat listening to some Maiden, and I couldn't quite figure out why it seemed to be partying with Megadeth. It took me quite a while to realise that it was my phone...

If I turned my phone off vibrate, I think I'd just have to go with the Star Wars Cantina Band as the ringtone.
Right now I have Comfortably Numb live as my ringtone. Right before it goes into the second solo.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
tonzr doesn't work anymore for some reason, so I just use some groovy preinstalled ringtone on my phone called cigar and wine.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Mine's Whole Lotta Love, so when someone rings me, anyone who hears it usually creams themselves.
Yeah, I used to have Metallica's "King Nothing" from the Load album as a ringtone, but then my cellphone was disconnected due to a contract dispute with the phone company, so I have a phone but it does not work. I've decided that I can live without a cell phone, it makes it harder for people to reach you, so this is a definite plus.

ron666
Always vibrate. I'm not going to force someone to listen to a song they may not like.
West Ham United
Quote by soundgarden1986

Same.

But I did try making the Pokemon Theme song my ringtone once. Was awesome for a few days, but became really annoying the following days after.

GRAY RAINBOW

Mine's Made Of Stone by the Stone Roses. It's also my alarm. It's annoying when I get a call in the morning and I think it's my alarm so I just leave it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I once had my ringtone as the breakdown from "Scream Aim Fire" by Bullet for my Valentine, then I changed it to the instrumental chorus of "Hellhounds on my trail" by Children of Bodom.
Now I just have the good old fashioned electronic style ring ring ring ring.
METAL!
Is it really douchy to use a song? Maybe I should change mine. I've been switching between various Dead Kennedys songs lately. Right now it's on "Viva Las Vegas".
I've got it set on the chorus to Bridges in the Sky

Death survivor, take me higher
Reunite my soul

And my text alert is the first drum lick from 6:00.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
I have the opening riff to End of a Spark by Tokyo Police Club as my ringtone, and i have an iPhone which doubles as my iPod. So whenever its on shuffle and it comes on I always think im getting a call.

Thats the extent of my stories...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell