whats a general good bass tone and where to start? We are using a ampeg svt 3 and goliath junior iii?
Start flat.
Main Basses:
Warwick RB Corvette 5
Douglas Sculptor 825 NA Fretless 5

Main Rig:
Sansamp>GK Backline 600>2 GK BLX 210 Cabinets
Start by making a sad face, thats the general rule with bass, if you have a graphic eq. It comes down to what music you want to play, the bass, use of pick/fingers and the bass player primarily.
Generally though...

1. Boost the mids, gives you definition and punch. 400-500khz on a graphic or you might have a dedicated mid dial (or both with the svt 3) or a hi-mid and lo-mid.
2. Don't boost or cut by large amounts, small changes, you don't really want extreme differences.
3. Don't put the bass on max, it will sound bad. Your better off dialing the low end down a touch so it doesn't sound muddy and boost your lo-mids for a nice thick, rumble.

Apart from that do whatever you want.
Like i said though the biggest factors in getting a good tone is the bass and the player. You should get to know your gear and how to use it, an eq is only to tweak your sound.
Buy an Eden WT400 or 550 and set it flat. Adjust the volume as necessary.
What a great amp :3
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by JKing138
Start by making a sad face, thats the general rule with bass, if you have a graphic eq. It comes down to what music you want to play, the bass, use of pick/fingers and the bass player primarily.
Generally though...

1. Boost the mids, gives you definition and punch. 400-500khz on a graphic or you might have a dedicated mid dial (or both with the svt 3) or a hi-mid and lo-mid.
2. Don't boost or cut by large amounts, small changes, you don't really want extreme differences.
3. Don't put the bass on max, it will sound bad. Your better off dialing the low end down a touch so it doesn't sound muddy and boost your lo-mids for a nice thick, rumble.

Apart from that do whatever you want.
Like i said though the biggest factors in getting a good tone is the bass and the player. You should get to know your gear and how to use it, an eq is only to tweak your sound.

Agreed with absolutely everything other than the bold - I don't think this is the "general" rule and I think the best place to start is with a flat EQ.
on a parametric EQ I generally do lows at around 3.5, mids flat, and highs at about 8, with presence rolled down to around a 4 and all neck pup but of course that all depends on the amp and the bass.
Quote by Ziphoblat
Agreed with absolutely everything other than the bold - I don't think this is the "general" rule and I think the best place to start is with a flat EQ.

I ment after a flat eq, its already be mentioned to start flat. The one thing everybody usually says is boost the mids, a sad face is a good starting place given that he hasn't mentioned what bass he is using.