is it possible in pro tools 9 hd to use the built-in output of my mac for monitoring, and my pod x3 as audio interface for input?

i cant seem to figure out how to do this.
-Ernie Ball Music Man JP6
-Ibanez UV777
-Fender Lonestar Deluxe
-Ibanez GRG 270b
-Yamaha F350
-Ibanez AE105TY

-Bugera 6262 head
-Bugera 212 cab
-Marshall Valvestate 8040

-Line 6 pod x3 live
-Line 6 guitarport
-Vox Ice 9 Overdrive
Not a Pro Tools user, but in many DAW's you can't set an interface for recording, and then use the Mac's in-built output. The question I have though, is why the hell would you want to do this?
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
in logic i used to be able to just set the input device and the output device, so i hoped pro tools would have a simmiliar option:P

and right now im at my drummers house working on a song but i forgot a mini-jack to jack adapter, so i need to connect speakers to my macbook.
-Ernie Ball Music Man JP6
-Ibanez UV777
-Fender Lonestar Deluxe
-Ibanez GRG 270b
-Yamaha F350
-Ibanez AE105TY

-Bugera 6262 head
-Bugera 212 cab
-Marshall Valvestate 8040

-Line 6 pod x3 live
-Line 6 guitarport
-Vox Ice 9 Overdrive
Just use the ear/headphone port on your pod if there is one. I'm pretty sure that would be a better way to monitor yourself than through the stock speakers on the mac. Either that or invest in some kind of external monitors.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Quote by Ih5g
in logic i used to be able to just set the input device and the output device, so i hoped pro tools would have a simmiliar option:P

and right now im at my drummers house working on a song but i forgot a mini-jack to jack adapter, so i need to connect speakers to my macbook.

Which version of Logic was this?

Anyway, as mentioned above this post, you'd be much better off using the Pod's headphone port (I believe it has one) as that would probably yield higher audio fidelity and less latency.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.