Necrolust
My username is stupid
6,264 IQ
I searched and didn't find anything.. I believe this band deserves its own thread.. Symphonic black metal at its best in my opinion..

I'd recommend listening to Lammendam as it's one of the best albums I've heard in this genre..

Here's a taste of their album "Death came through a phantom ship" Give it a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUjzEElQs10

If I violated any rules I apologize
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Last edited by Necrolust at Mar 24, 2012,
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys
871 IQ
one of my favorite black metal bands. I'm about to pre order "Where the Corspes Sink Forever" on vinyl. Not sure if they're generally liked around here though.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Necrolust
My username is stupid
6,264 IQ
Quote by Helloween4Ever
Not sure if they're generally liked around here though.

I can see that :P

It's a shame because they're really talented.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
The Virtuoso
L'Étranger
3,904 IQ
I might have been a fan of this five years ago, but just the very thought of symphonic metal is so off-putting to me these days. The few bands that I can say do it right are: Emperor, Vesperian Sorrow, Stormlord, Mirrorthrone (I'm not even a big fan of Vladimir these days either), and Vehementer Nos (although the symphonic tag does not truly fit them). To each his own I suppose.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys
871 IQ
^ an adbot copied what I said, should I feel special?
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
krisis99
246 IQ
I still can't put my finger on this band in terms of my opinion of them. I listen to them a lot cause I feel like there's something awesome about their music. Yet something drives me away from it at the same time. SO hard to explain haha. Anyone ever get that with a band?
rg_metal
The Clit Commander
2,225 IQ
Quote by Necrolust
I searched and didn't find anything.. I believe this band deserves its own thread.. Symphonic black metal at its best in my opinion..

I'd recommend listening to Lammendam as it's one of the best albums I've heard in this genre..

Here's a taste of their album "Death came through a phantom ship" Give it a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUjzEElQs10

If I violated any rules I apologize

that video is hilarious

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Peres.T.Peanut
1,427 IQ
Just discovered these guys, this is pretty amazing stuff.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
Penisaur
Praise the name of Stan
636 IQ
Meh/10
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Mathrez
194 IQ
I could remember the drummer staring in their music video, which made me laugh so hard haha. But this music is great, the lyrics and overall story for Where There Corpses Sink Forever is great, I think it could be adapted into a film or have one really long music video for the album.
wintee_madness
nyrkki
339 IQ
Have you guys seen Infidel Amsterdam's video on these guys, he loves them. He also said that the newest album is something thing like a movie, or could be made into one!
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Ramseus
eh?
146 IQ
I thought when I first them they sounded alright, but, nah. Just something about it turns me off. Like the orchestration just seems random and out of place and the black metal isn't good enough to stand on its own.
sk8ordie97
Doesn't skate anymore
1,339 IQ
Lammendam is by far their best release. The latest two were good but nothing compared to that. Didn't really hold my attention all that much. Ethereal Veiled Existence was also awesome.
Steve08
Lord of Battery
390 IQ
re: this band, skip the bullshit and just listen to In the Nightside Eclipse.

These guys probably have the cheesiest orchestration I've ever heard, literally almost all of it is just melodic ideas taken from the guitar work and played in a higher octave, and the riff construction is essentially death metal in approach
Last edited by Steve08 at Jan 28, 2013,
NoNamesLeft1
Lord Of The Smelly Cheese
58 IQ
I bought there last album ''Where the corpses sink forever'' completely blind because of a recommendation (best recommendation ever), and when I listened to it I ****ing loved it. So I bought there second album ''Death Came Though A phantom Ship'' and was slightly disappointed. Though I haven't listened to ''Lammendam'' there first album yet, from listening to one or two tracks from it I believe I will enjoy it just as much as I did and still do enjoy ''Where the corpses sink forever'' when I finally get my hands on it.
Last edited by NoNamesLeft1 at Apr 9, 2013,
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys
871 IQ
Lammendam is their best by far. The other two full lengths are a little meh, tbh.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Ramseus
I thought when I first them they sounded alright, but, nah. Just something about it turns me off. Like the orchestration just seems random and out of place and the black metal isn't good enough to stand on its own.

Having listened to a few songs just now, this is the feel I'm getting. It's like the guitars are doing their own thing and the strings are doing something completely different. It's almost like 2 different songs that vaguely compliment each other. (The two are very related, of course, but it feels very much like a disconnect.)

Quote by Steve08

These guys probably have the cheesiest orchestration I've ever heard, literally almost all of it is just melodic ideas taken from the guitar work and played in a higher octave, and the riff construction is essentially death metal in approach

I noticed that. And because the melodic ideas don't always seem to line up with the rhythm, I'm sitting here going, "What's going on with the strings?".
It'd be one thing if the riffs were higher in the mix, then it might work ok. But everything's basically on the same level.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Apr 9, 2013,
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools
1,145 IQ
Quote by Steve08

Your last sentence, totally. I was gonna say... sounds like a cheesy version of a less intense Nile with some synths on top lol. Nice double kicks though - the drummer's alright.

And everyone knows I am the Black Wizards is the best black metal song anyway.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Hal-Sephira
The Pretty Reckless
1,443 IQ
Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
Just discovered these guys, this is pretty amazing stuff.

Same here.

A video popped up on my Youtube and watched that concert video. Man, that was some good music I've listened to! And yes, this band deserved this thread so I'm glad I searched here.

Anyone is a metal follower is welcome here anytime.

Also, watch this!
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Last edited by Hal-Sephira at Jul 13, 2016,
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,131 IQ
I mostly agree with what Steve said /three years ago/ but I think (at least in the video in the first post) that it sounds less like death metal and more like a bad metalcore band trying to play Dimmu Borgir. I could see some 17 year old August Burns Red fans really digging this. But the strings... not only are the lines silly, but the sound of them was very dull and weak. It was weird.

After which snippets of the video Hal thought deserved a bump, the music is very confusing in a bad way. They seem like they can't decide what they want to do musically, but it's not working.

I can't help but wonder if this is a Cradle of Filth parody band that somehow got popular.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
705 IQ
wtf I thought this was an occult trad band
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

PSN: esunax
severed-metal
moo
4,318 IQ
Like a gayer Diabolical Masquerade.

I was also under the impression they were some form of power or traditional metal. I like to think that they still exist as that and ignore what I heard.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 13, 2016,