I tune my guitar's top string to E and when I hit open note, it reads perfectly in the middle but when I hit the 12th string, it's a bit sharp. I can't move the top string's bridge piece back any further. Is there anything else that effects the intonation besides the location of the individual bridge pieces?
Just to be clear, you're sharp, so you need to move the saddle away from the neck, make the vibrating length longer. Usually people have the opposite problem.
edit, Nevermind I see the pic now.

String gauge can affect intonation. Sometimes adjusting your truss rod will throw off intonation.
Last edited by X-plorer88 at Mar 24, 2012,
Looks similar to a Tune-o-matic. If you look at it from the side do the saddle slope like this?:

If they do, and the red side is nearest the neck, you should be able to turn it around so the blue side is nearest the neck. That should give you a coule extra mm to play with.
What gauge string have you got on? Going one lighter should help.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
What gauge string have you got on? Going one lighter should help.

i use ernie ball regular slinky strings but i had this guitar repaired and they put different strings on and it sounded much better with those strings.. just don't know what strings they used but i do know that the balls at the end were coloured. But yeah, this is good advice, i'll search for those perfect strings and I think that should be the end of my out-of-tune days. thank you.
The coloured end strings will be D'Addario's.

From the pic it looks like you have roller type saddles in which case there isn't a lot you can do.

As mentioned try different string gauge first.
Neck relief back bow can also effect intonation. If someone tampers with the truss rod at some point & adjusts it, it will change string tension a slight amount. And like someone else mentioned, changing to a diff. gauge set of strings will also.

Quote by Bakinbacon
I tune my guitar's top string to E and when I hit open note, it reads perfectly in the middle but when I hit the 12th string, it's a bit sharp. I can't move the top string's bridge piece back any further. Is there anything else that effects the intonation besides the location of the individual bridge pieces?