Anyone have any good references for Dorian Desert Blues type tabs? The online stuff I've found is, um, generally wrong.

Ali Farka Toure? Lobi Traore? Are you out there? Send me your music!

Thanks,
Spill
I know what dorian is and also blues, but I not sure how the desert ties them all together, but then again I haven't been hip for many years.

If your looking for something bluesy done in dorian, then check some of BB Kings stuff, he uses it alot and there would probaly be some tabs posted for some of his songs somewhere. I suppose for the desert part you could play his stuff in the middle of the Sahara or at least put a little sand in your shorts for feeling that authentic feeling.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by spillproof
Anyone have any good references for Dorian Desert Blues type tabs? ,
Quote by BlackbirdPie
I suppose for the desert part you could play his stuff in the middle of the Sahara or at least put a little sand in your shorts for feeling that authentic feeling.
Quote by spillproof
Listen to USMCstepchild, but don't loan him any underwear (*trust me)

Spill.
On second thought, if you're going to play in the desert, perhaps you should skip the sand, and throw on a clean pair of freshly washed drawers. And don't skimp on the bleach, if you know what I mean.....
Let me try again:

"Dorian Desert Blues" is a specific song by Ali Farka Toure and/or Boubacar Traore, but I meant it as a general descriptor for the style of "blues" guitar played in Mali.

So what I am asking for are Malian guitar references.

Thanks!
Spill.
i have the sand( be pullin that outta orifaces for years to come) and a slightly used pair of your underoos! try walkin' like that and you'll be cryin' the blues... trust me on that one.