So, I got a compressor, as per you all's advice in a previous thread. I intended to go less expensive with an MXR Super Comp. The pedal's pretty sweet. I really like it. It really makes my single notes pop and makes my chords jangle a little more, but I'm not sure I'm using it right.

I play single coils into an AC30, I was hoping for some advice on settings/how to use it.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Turn the pedal on and mess with the knobs til it sounds good. Then turn it off. Repeat. If you have some sounds that you like with it on, keep it. If you decide it always sounds better with it off, bring it back.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by darkwolf291
Shoulda gotten the JAM Waterfall Chorus like I said :
Oh well
HNPD

Jam Waterfall = not what I was looking for. I don't need a chorus. It came down to "Chorus vs. Comp" and when I played around with the two types of pedals, I decided on the comp, being able to achieve a bit more a of a "jangle" tone with chords an a more "cutting" tone with single notes. I, honestly, have no need for a chorus. Cause, cost came into play.

Sorry, man. I'm sure the Jam Waterfall is awesome (especially given its praise and love on the internet), but I couldn't figure out how to work it into my sound.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Turn the pedal on and mess with the knobs til it sounds good. Then turn it off. Repeat. If you have some sounds that you like with it on, keep it. If you decide it always sounds better with it off, bring it back.

thanks