There seems to be an unusually strong feeling of nostalgia recently, especially for the 80s and 90s. It seems especially prevalent for cartoons, movies and video games of that era.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any particular reason?
I've been playing my PS2 all week. Not as early as you're talking about, but still getting a bunch of nostalgia playing Tony Hawk 3 and 4.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
With all the advancement going on today I guess people want to take a break from it and relive simpler times.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by WCPhils
I've been playing my PS2 all week. Not as early as you're talking about, but still getting a bunch of nostalgia playing Tony Hawk 3 and 4.

TH2 on GBA ftw
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by WCPhils

THPS ruled
Quote by chaoticfables
Star Wars I is back in 3D, everybody. Goddamn film studios taking advantage of our nostalgia

Now if it was 4, 5, or 6 then I would understand, but Episode 1? No, just no.

Yeah I just listed a shit load of games for PS1 that I played and I really wanna play them now. 90's were the bomb.
It's b/c of the Pavement reunion tour, everyone listened to "Gold Soundz" too much & thought it was 1995 again.

But as for me, I do my best to quarantine the past.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Mar 24, 2012,
I read an article recently about this phenomenon. It proposed that the internet is a great resource for indulging in nostalgia. It also mentioned the descending economy and constant influx of bad news we are more inclined to look for an escape to the seemingly good old days.

The conclusion was that all this looking back holds back forward motion. Myself, I only partly agree with that. Combining new ideas with old ones can lead to interesting effects.
I was playing Dragon Warrior VII the other day. I can't believe I finished this game as a kid with how friggen long it was.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I was playing Dragon Warrior VII the other day. I can't believe I finished this game as a kid with how friggen long it was.

I would play Gran Turismo 2 for 7 hours at a time and get absolutly no where. I could't even imaging doing something like that nowadays.
Quote by Jako215
I would play Gran Turismo 2 for 7 hours at a time and get absolutly no where. I could't even imaging doing something like that nowadays.

I do that after my auto classes and my job at the car shop is done.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Jako215

Now I can't sit down and play the same game for several hours straight, I either have something else I'm supposed to do, or I pop in a different game. Now it would take me forever to beat another 100 hour game.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Quote by Deadlock Riff
I do that after my auto classes and my job at the car shop is done.

not sure which gran turismo it was but do you...
remember the 500 lap races and after you won you got like a series of flashing cars as a reward unlock but you had to time it just right to hit x on the right the right car? ??? lol then you win and get the wrong car and rage like a mofo bc the race took three hours lol???

as far as nostalgic things in modern media...yo gabba gabba ftw!!! lol that shit is all nintendo styled, if you will...,,in my defense though, I do have a child
It's because the 90s were ****ing awesome. No generation has had a childhood as badass as the kids who grew up during the 90s because they didn't have Nicktoons, Cartoon Network, N64, PS1, or Gameboy. That decade was the high point for being a child. It will never be that awesome again.
Quote by ConCarne
It's because the 90s were ****ing awesome. No generation has had a childhood as badass as the kids who grew up during the 90s because they didn't have Nicktoons, Cartoon Network, N64, PS1, or Gameboy. That decade was the high point for being a child. It will never be that awesome again.

last time I checked Nicktoons and Cartoon Network still exist.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Yeah I got a GameBoy emulator, and a Nintendo 64 emulator. Been playing some sweet games.

I wish I hadn't left my PS3 and PS2 back in Dubai though. I planned on selling the PS3 before I left, but I didn't and I really miss it.
Quote by Andrea55
With all the advancement going on today I guess people want to take a break from it and relive simpler times.

This.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i got back into yugioh
my friend and i duel. my deck is a dragon/chaos deck. its ****ing amazing. its a lot of fun.
i haven't got the attention span for nostalgia
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer