a few of you might remember my guitar refinishing from a year ago

i took a silvertone sik1 that broke when i used the the cheap trem and painted it red

well now i think it need some new horns, so i took it to a bandsaw and cut of the original horns, made new ones twice as long, and glued them on

pre-destroyed

one new horn

2 new horns
wow there long

the guitar now
im a bad person

so what do you guys think of my work, i know it still needs to be finished and the small holes need filling
i walked around my school with it strapped to me, they haven't broken off yet, what would happen if i cut away around the bridge and put a block of mahogany and put the bridge on it?
To be honest, they are ridiculous.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
a chaque son propre, mon ami...
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
:3 i know it looks really bad, i think i should more, i mean it cant get any worse
If nothing else it takes eye away from the fact that there is a giant hole where your controls should be.
First of all, it shouldn't look TOO bad when you're done.

Secondly, why the hell did you take it round school?!
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Quote by inkandlead
If nothing else it takes eye away from the fact that there is a giant hole where your controls should be.
Look at the last picture

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
my teacher said it reminds him of a viking, he also says i should finish my tele bass.
so since my last post, i put a useless pot in just for show.

i think i shape it to look more like an agile intrepid
then one day, make shift 8 string
I don't know about hideous or whatever, just... different. I like it at least.
*insert witty statement here*
Quote by JazzMunkeyy
i walked around my school with it strapped to me

... Why would you do that?

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
what would happen if i cut away around the bridge and put a block of mahogany and put the bridge on it?

Why do you want to do that?
Quote by JazzMunkeyy
i walked around my school with it strapped to me, they haven't broken off yet, what would happen if i cut away around the bridge and put a block of mahogany and put the bridge on it?

Ernie Ball does that with a few of their guitar models.
Quote by JazzMunkeyy

I should have picked up on this earlier.

I don't see it doing anything bad to the guitar as long as you do it right. If you want to darken the sound of the guitar, a tone black is a good, permanent way to do it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
that looks pretty cool man
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
i think i might be attacking my dean vendetta next, the guitar is almost intonated, so im gonna route around the bridge, starting from just after the bridge pickup to the vary back of the guitar, mostly because i want to angle the bridge slightly and move the Ferrules.

and yes i do have a thing for cutting up and destroying my guitars though i tend to make them better after
Quote by JazzMunkeyy
i think i might be attacking my dean vendetta next, the guitar is almost intonated, so im gonna route around the bridge, starting from just after the bridge pickup to the vary back of the guitar, mostly because i want to angle the bridge slightly and move the Ferrules.

and yes i do have a thing for cutting up and destroying my guitars though i tend to make them better after
Great! Then maybe should make the first one into an "after", before you butcher the next one.
Quote by Alex B Broadway
Because the only point he wants to prove is "OMG LOOK I PLAY GUITAR!!!"

You get actual, legitimate guitar mods and then you get things like this.
Oh, and here I thought he was only trying to prove he couldn't do woodwork.....
Quote by Alex B Broadway
Because the only point he wants to prove is "OMG LOOK I PLAY GUITAR!!!"

You get actual, legitimate guitar mods and then you get things like this.

so buy that you mean, pickups and hardware?
im not sure what constitutes it be legit but the mods i made do affect the playing, tho it may seem crude.

with the addition of more solid wood and removal of plywood i do think it effects the sustain a little. tester the trem was blocked, i admit i could have done a better job but it affected the tone. one of the bigger things i have done to the guitar is remove the 2 single coils and by-pass all the controls if anything im gonna put a kill switch.

Quote by Captaincranky
Oh, and here I thought he was only trying to prove he couldn't do woodwork.....

being that i'm fairly new to it, that would be expected. looking at the guitar you could see my progression as a wood worker getting better

Quote by LeviMan_2001
Wow, you guys are rude. Allow me to be the first one to say that your woodwork looks nice. The fills in the cavities look clean. The horns are interesting... but well done. As for blocking the bridge, I'd say do it. I hate trems.

why thank you sir
after i put the horns on and shaped them to look like part of the guitar, i looked back and thought needs more iceman, and less RG
shame on me and my double post.

i blocked the trem today, a simple block of purple heart
i really don't know what else to do to it, other than a new pick up
and paint
Id be careful if I were you, doing it to a Vendetta is risky as they are made of a pretty soft wood.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Mar 29, 2012,
im building a 7 string tele, as of now such a slow process cuz i'm so poor xD

its funny because the vendetta is much liter than the other guitar

but i plan on sanding away the finish on top and blood bursting it like that ESP AW-7