Page 1 of 2
Did anyone watch it last night? I did. I think it's a much better idea than X-Factor. The fact that you can play an instrument is also a bonus.

However, having Will.I.Am as a judge on a vocal competition is just a joke. The only judges worth going for would be Tom Jones and Jessie J. Will.I.Am was bragging about how many albums he's sold and how long his career is compared to Jessie J's. But didn't acknowledge the fact that Tom Jones was sat just across the table and has been making music since before Will.I.Am was born.

So yeah, what do you think of the show?
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Mar 25, 2012,
i wotchd it it was ok but i didnt think it was nuthin speshal i just wotchd it so i cood get sum poon but den we watchd hitch nstead

True story.
There's was/is a tv-channel dedicated for "Hip hop and RnB" here in Sweden called The voice.
That channel plays pop.
DeVillains!
Personally, I think it's more people like Simon Cowell that should be the judge of things like this. I mean as much as the singers know what sounds good, the producers and people like Cowell knows what sounds like money. You have to market these guys too and make sure they have a career after the show after all.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Personally, I think it's more people like Simon Cowell that should be the judge of things like this. I mean as much as the singers know what sounds good, the producers and people like Cowell knows what sounds like money. You have to market these guys too and make sure they have a career after the show after all.

Hence why Will.I.Am is there.

Tom Jones - Money and a (possibly lasting) career
Jessie J - Money and moderate success
Will.I.Am - A quick buck, no career after.
That other guy - No money, no career.
The reason Will.I.Am is a judge is because he is a very well respected producer as well as an artist. He can pick out talent really well. I know Im going to get flamed for this, but he was a really good mentor on American Idol a couple of weeks ago, giving good advice and not trying to get people to conform.
Who cares, BGT is back and has an obese metalhead who sings like Pavarotti and a German angel man
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I agree about Tom Jones. That guy is a legend. When I was just a child Tom Jones and Buddy Guy were my favorite musicians.
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.
I really like the voice. Especially sonce you get to choose your own songs and they don't MAKE you sing that pop crap and dance around like a phony on the x factor.
I agree that Simon Cowell knows where the money is and you need someone like him but NOT HIM for the one reason if you're a rock singer he's not gonna give you half a chance (I'm not talking about growling, noone gives growling vocals a chance).
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Hence why Will.I.Am is there.

Tom Jones - Money and a (possibly lasting) career
Jessie J - Money and moderate success
Will.I.Am - A quick buck, no career after.
That other guy - No money, no career.

A quick buck in the industry is still a buck. I would still say that's a success and I'd still like to hear his opinion. He's still "been there, done that" and he could still give good advice for what he's done in the industry. I don't agree with what he said. It was really egotistical and quite ignorant but he has a right to be there too. He may not have 'made it' for long but he still made it. Could there be a better choice? Sure. But you could make the argument for a lot of those guys.

You have to realize that to some people, that one hit wonder is a huge thing. I think that's some of the appeal of the show. So they get their 15 minutes of fame.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's a better concept than most. Who the f*ck are The Script?

They were my favourite band 4 years ago.
I didn't watch it, but I wanted to feel part of this thread.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Will I am looks like one of those medieval paintings of kings and queens.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."

That show..?

I could hardly believe they were serious when Delta Goodrem and Keith Urban started talking about 'Authenticity'

That's the Australian version anyway.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127

That show..?

I could hardly believe they were serious when Delta Goodrem and Keith Urban started talking about 'Authenticity'

That's the Australian version anyway.

And they have one here in Ireland called 'The Voice of Ireland' and it's shit
I'm Dutch, 'we' came up with the concept, so we already are expecting a third season.
As always, the first winner's album went platinum rather fast. The second one's name isn't even remembered anymore. As with every new concept, it boils down to the same.
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Quote by Samhuinn
I'm Dutch, 'we' came up with the concept, so we already are expecting a third season.
As always, the first winner's album went platinum rather fast. The second one's name isn't even remembered anymore. As with every new concept, it boils down to the same.

Didn't one of the judge's keyboardist attempt the show, and the judge didn't realise and slated him?
I'm in Israel. We just had the semi finals and the person who was predicted to win asked for all the votes to be given to her opponent in the sing of just before the voting because everything was going to fast for her and she wanted to make music at her own place. The judges respected that desicion and the man who was against and was expected to finish second went through. Pretty crazy shiz.
I'm not the world's biggest fan. I don't like the idea of taking someone who's working in the industry with moderate success, THEN placing all this pressure on them on national TV to sing well with someone else's music. Not to mention the process they used earlier to eliminate 'teammates' by singing a duet.

It just seems, to me, like the show is half luck, then stressful to the point it could be career ending, then all luck as to who your duet partner is. I haven't watched it since that carp.
Quote by Banjocal
I didn't watch it, but I wanted to feel part of this thread.

Normal avatar will be back soon =)
I've not seen it, but I hate all those shows. They're not their for the talent, once the audition stages are over the ratings drop by millions (At least on X Factor) cause people only tune in to see the bad people get laughed at.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

They're an Irish band, pretty big over here, not sure about the rest of the world.
He's a great singer anyway. Ian is his name? I think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS9o1FAszdk&ob=av3e

Will. I. Am has no business judging any kind of competition really. I don't think he'd know talent if it hit him in his black eyed peas.
Quote by whoomit

Normal avatar will be back soon =)

:3
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Didn't watch it, but if it is indeed an actual singing competition and not something to help us cruelly laugh at people who shouldn't be there anyway, then I might catch the next one.

X Factor and BGT are both horrendous.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Who cares, BGT is back and has an obese metalhead who sings like Pavarotti and a German angel man

This.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by slapsymcdougal

That song is a thousand times better like that, usually its just Racket Bloody Racket
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
From the States and we have Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, and Cee Lo Green.

Cee Lo's the only judge who's music I actually kinda like

The show's alright though.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I'd love to see a talent show with tom waits,frank zappa,captain beefheart and devin townsend as judges. Hell I'd like to see them just jam
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Seen it a couple times, but the last straw was the cover I happened to walk in on a couple weeks ago. They did a terrible duet of Heart Shaped Box that made me wanna cry.
Thought the UK one was pretty good considering. Hope it pans out into a decent competition really
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Seen it a couple times, but the last straw was the cover I happened to walk in on a couple weeks ago. They did a terrible duet of Heart Shaped Box that made me wanna cry.

A guy last night did a cover of a Beatles song and an Eminem song mashup thing...
I fail to understand the pit:

'X-factor's shit!'

a few months later:

'OMGZ the voice iz so gud!!!1!'

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Some faggy Irish band who play nothing but cliche sad love songs.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
The whole idea behind these shows is wrong.

If anybody on any of these shows had any talent that was special and unique then they could have sent off a tape to a record company and got signed. It's just a vehicle for a last ditch attempt from people with minor talent.
Quote by burghUK
The whole idea behind these shows is wrong.

If anybody on any of these shows had any talent that was special and unique then they could have sent off a tape to a record company and got signed. It's just a vehicle for a last ditch attempt from people with minor talent.

This one is for people who work in the industry already, who have some exposure. Lot of them work as backup singers, basically.
Page 1 of 2