So I picked up a G3 yesterday after wanting one for a little while. It seems okay so far and was just wondering if anyone else had any cheers, jeers, or tips that weren't in the manual. It seems to only get better the deeper I dig into the features. There is no real forum for support/patches for this thing. Probably my only complaint so far...
My grandparents own one and i think its a great little camera. We record every show with it to watch and see what needs to be done differently and stuff as well as having high quality videos on youtube and stuff. Definitely a good camera for recording live music. Check out ak99superstar on youtube, he has full sets of bands on there and records them with a G3 9(or at least he used to)
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
^Youre thinking of a Zoom Q3 not G3. The G3 is an MFX pedal.

TS, I have one and is a great piece of kit but some of the stock patches aren't done well. Don't be afraid to tweak. I will say that the modulation effects an the looper are great and the drum simulator is awesome. Also the Marshall, fender, Mesa, Vox and orange amp models are pretty good especially the Marshall as long as you tweak it. It can get quite noisy with with the Distortion pedals effects but there's a noise gate built in if you want. The fuzzface sim is also great.

Anyway, it's a great pedal for the price and destroys the boss MFX pedals and even a few line 6 ones.
I'm a stomp box kinda guy, I've got nothing but jeers for multifx.
Quote by Y3rd4dd1
So I picked up a G3 yesterday after wanting one for a little while. It seems okay so far and was just wondering if anyone else had any cheers, jeers, or tips that weren't in the manual. It seems to only get better the deeper I dig into the features. There is no real forum for support/patches for this thing. Probably my only complaint so far...

My only advice is: With multi-fx, the best way to find a nice sound is to try out everything by yourself with your own hands, your own guitar and your own amplifier. Videos and suggested settings can give you some guidelines, but I've never found the best sound with "suggested settings". Keep on digging. Btw, if you're trying to find a really nice amp sound, try getting an amp simulator from the fx and then some sort of tubescreamer patch it has. You could get a nice sound with that.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

The amps I liked in the g3 were the ms crunch, the two rock, the dwizel, the ac30, and the vibroverb. Try playing around with those.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I love my g3 for headphone jamming, it's a very cool gadget to practice with. The tone isn't all the great but it does so much for so cheap.

The g3 and boss me50 have similar pedal copies ( ex "Great Muff" on the g3 vs "muff" on the me50), so I compared them side by side and for some with the actual pedal as a control. The g3 "great muff" was actually better than the real thing IMO. But the boss destroyed the g3 on every other "pedal". I prefer the g3 because of the looper and "drum machine" though
Last edited by lucky1978 at Mar 25, 2012,
I really like my G3. A bunch of songs in my link below were done with the G3 and it's looper/drum machine. The M-Audio EX-P expression pedal is only $30 and works with it.
Quote by TheDuckMajor
^Youre thinking of a Zoom Q3 not G3. The G3 is an MFX pedal.

woops!
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
Well after extensive play, recording, and comparison with actual pedals I have, I can say I am extremely happy with this purchase. Although some (actually quite a few) stock patches are crap, A lot of tweaking produces some amazing tones. Although there is no built in camera (lol) I feel you guys should give it a try if you haven't already. For those who have it, I have emailed Zoom in regards to starting a patch forum. This is where I feel they are seriously lacking. Should you feel so inclined, shoot them an email and let them know I am not the only one who wants that.
The G5 is coming out soon and it will be a killer upgrade over the G3. Plus a G3X is in the works and will include an exp pedal.
I prefer the rp355. :p
I have one. The factory settings are crap to be honest. However,with tweaking you can produce amazing sounds. My only gripe is that the noise gate and eq take up slots. Don't bother with the G5 IMO,I'm betting on a much improved version soon. The G5 uses the same processor as the G3 so I'm going to pass.
]
Quote by fly135
So your love affair with the G3 died?

It was too limited for my use and the rp sounds just as good and has better cleans.

I'm also going to try the tube amp route for a while.