ok, i have an ht-40, tried tube swaps, speaker changes, eq's....i hate that effin amp, its soo sterile and just blah!!! so what amp do I want in the same price range, can be new or used doesnt matter. dont really want head/cab would preffer a combo but....i play everything from 80's hair to papa roach type stuff some metallica...so its hard to say what tone im looking for but def hard rockish if that makes any sense. i just cant take that sterile harsh blackstar tone anymore...the louder u crank it the worse it sounds.
1: What is your budget?

2: Do you want another combo, or do you want a head and cab?

3: Are you willing to buy used gear?
Hagstrom Swede w/Bare Knuckle Black Dogs
Peavey JSX
Avatar Contemporary 2x12 (Celestion V30/G12K100)
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Dunlop DVP1 Volume
JHS Sweet Tea
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb
i put that in op, same price range/new or used and preffer combo but not completely against head/cab
hmmm thats the first time I heard something like that about a ht40,

our local guitar store has one and I have a ht20 at my dorm and I really can't complain about it

could you point out what this "harsh sterile tone" is?

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
well its hard to described tone, all i can say its got no personality to it, sounds fake maybe even ss'ish, my point being i cant get that "sound in my head" from it, now i cant get that sound out of my head... i talked to dave at avatar told him what i had/what i wanted he recomended a k-100, put that in and honestly i think its worse. i just hate it and want to try something more versatile. im using a jackson dk2m with it btw...
You are trying to use maple fingerboard with Blackstar? I just found the problem.
r u serious...u no i was wondering about that but not sure y lol, can I ask y u say that? Im soo close at pulling the trigger on a schecter c1
Quote by cemges
You are trying to use maple fingerboard with Blackstar? I just found the problem.

What a stupid statement...

Anyway, OP, what kinda power do you need?
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
None of Blackstar amps I used on studios seemed to have a good tone with maple fingerboard guitars on drive tones. Yet it works well with my guitar, my friends' dk2m either and fender strat American both did have a problem with it. And no one using a guitar with maple fretboard I know( my guitar teacher and etc. ) seemed to get the right tones from it. Maybe it's that little isf stuff can't go along with all guitars.
Jet City is worth looking into - full tube, and it can nail those 80's hair metal tones pretty easily. Won't set you back a fortune, cranked it'll go to that Papa Roach/modern hard rock pretty well, and probably even Metallica too.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
i see a lot of jetcity for sale and most wanna trade for 5150/orange...need to see what GC has to demo i guess
Maple finger boards are silent tone killers.
what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?