I'm going to school in the fall for guitar, and I was wondering if anyone knew about
any tube amps that are lightweight (carrying around campus), and powerful (enough to hear over a drumset).

I was thinking about the Marshall Class 5 combo.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/marshall-class5-custom-limited-edition-5w-1x10-tube-guitar-combo-amp/h77289000001000

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks,
Scott
Orange tiny terror combo, fender blues junior. You didn't mention a budget, if you've got the cash, look into Sheldon Amplification, the TT3 is just what you are looking for.

EDIT: seen the budget, forget Sheldon :') would help to know what style of music you want to play?
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
Last edited by AgentOrange... at Mar 25, 2012,
I'll be doing jazz ensembles, and what not. If I need some more crunch, i can always pick up a pedal.
Well you're going to need some decent cleans then, eh? I always wanted to try a Roland JC-55 for such a thing as busking. Apparently, it's a HUGE sounding 2x8". They would be very tight and crisp, good for jazz.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18. You can get really nice sparkly cleans on it and a fair amount of gain. Also, you can plug it directly in to the PA without a cab so there's no need to carry a cab around.