I have a valveking 212 and a jet city 50 w head through a Mesa 412 right now. I'm selling one. I like the jet city wayyyy more. Just wondering what others thought. And I'm bored as hell at work right now w nothing else to do lol.
Valveking is one of the worst valve amps, JC is miles ahead of VK.
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
I'd have to go with the Jet City too. I've honestly never really been a fan of any of the Peaveys I've played(the 6505's not bad for modern metal, I suppose, but it's not really my thing for whatever reason, and the Butcher's nice but I wouldn't pay $1000 for it. Never liked the Vypyr, the VK, some white combo I tried that had so much gain the high notes broke up if you turned the gain past 6 or the 6534 I played), but I have a JCA100 head, and the overdrive channel's a LIIIITTLE bassy for me, but otherwise it's perfect for me, wonderful classic rock/80s metal tones!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
while I definitely like the valveking, its not in the same league as your jet city. the vavleking is excellent as a first "real" amp, and definitely better than most modelling amps, but it can't really hold pace with a better tube amp. the jet city is simply above the peavey by a performance bracket or two.

anyways, I think you answered your own question when you said that you like the jc better...