I recently played a Ibanez acoustic, and I was blown away by the playality and th sound of it. I wasnt able to ientify it, howevver. It was orange, with a metal block in place odf the traditional hole, an oval f hole with a samller round hole next to it, a five way switch and ive littles knovbs on the upper bout, the neck was seemingly bolted, and i think it had a quilted maple top. Any ideas?
I think spillproof had it right, and you're talking about one of the Ibanex, "Montage" series.

If you really were taken with this instrument, perhaps you'd better hock something, and grab it quick.

Here in the US, these are already discontinued: They still show up on Ibanez' European sites: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/ag_series12.php?series_id=7&area_id=3&year=2012&cat_id=3 (Note that the ones Ibanez is showing, are lower numbers, and don't have all the controls on the upper bout).

These are are fairly extravagant knock offs of the Taylor T-5 type of hybrid guitar: http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/electric/t5 (Not that Taylors aren't extravagant in and of themselves)....

In any event, I have no idea exactly where,
is, or I would have linked it to the Ibanez site in that country, continent, or planet....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 25, 2012,
PQ Le province du Quebec... Quebec City. you philadestine you !
Last edited by stepchildusmc at Mar 25, 2012,
Quote by stepchildusmc

Yeah well, you got me on that one, but where's "bro"......

On a lighter note, Ibanez Canada, still shows some "Montage" models being available..
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 25, 2012,
That's good question that I would like to know as well!
Last edited by RANDY1888 at Mar 25, 2012,
not sure where the bro comes from. most QC'ers are intensely proud of their heritage. the use of bro is befuddling. but anyway, if the montage isnt available anymore, maybe a T5 should be checked out?
Yeah.. I like to call my friends bro.. and even people I don't know. But yeah, I live near Montreal, in Quebec, and I'm not a true patriotic quebecer. I'm alredy planning to to the US sometime... I don't like living in Quebec. Too damn cold and humid in winter, too damn hot and humid in summer... And I hate snow. Thats a problem, living in Canada.

But yeah, It seems its the Montage (this one, more or less ) is the one I saw. But I'd take a T-5 anyday over the ibanez...
Quote by stepchildusmc

Its La province.... Feminine word. Yeah, common names have genders in French. One of the only reasons I like beeig born here: My mother tongue is french.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Its La province.... Feminine word. Yeah, common names have genders in French. One of the only reasons I like beeig born here: My mother tongue is french.
Right! French is a romance language, I get that....One of a half dozen or so.

So, we've solved the mystery of your guitar ID problem, my mystery of where "bro" is located in Canada, and that Taylor's reputation reaches as far as the major French Canadian population centers, and possibly beyond.

That question that remains, at least for me is this; "are you interested in a hybrid type guitar to purchase in the near future, or were you just, "window picking", so to speak"?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 26, 2012,
Quote by stepchildusmc
not sure where the bro comes from. most QC'ers are intensely proud of their heritage. the use of bro is befuddling
Ok, mystery solved, "bro", is an ethno-subcultural import from the US. Possibly from "Mindyapplelips", Minnesota.
Quote by stepchildusmc
but anyway, if the montage isnt available anymore, maybe a T5 should be checked out?
Indeed it should. Been there, linked that. You can also throw, "Crafter", and "Carvin" into that hybrid mix, based on budgetary restrictions.

Having been a salesman, the first thing that pops into my head is, "is that person lookin', or buyin'".. Which then translates to how much typin', or talkin' I'm up for....
my bad N1. im just south of Montreal and we get inundated with canadians on the weekends. silly off-topic question N1... you do have parking spaces in Montreal and use them? sometimes i see canadians stopping in the middle of a 3 lane road and running into a store because they're "only gonna be a minute" my apologies Mikeox, ontarians have parking spots and know how to use them.
just across the border from you N1 is the lovely hamlet of churubusco. it's famous for having a gun and guitar shop in the middle of nowhere called dick's music oasis. must have 1/2 dozen T5's there. not the kinda place you'd think to find over 700 martins, Taylors and gibsons plus a buncha others. it worth the trip, just take a right off of 15sud once you cross the border and keep goin about 30 miles on rt 11.
Quote by stepchildusmc
my bad N1. im just south of Montreal and we get inundated with canadians on the weekends. silly off-topic question N1... you do have parking spaces in Montreal and use them? sometimes i see canadians stopping in the middle of a 3 lane road and running into a store because they're "only gonna be a minute" my
Ok, many of them are on the way to Wildwood NJ. If fact I think they even have a motel named "Quebec". Anyway, the women don't seem to have discovered and embraced carbohydrates a thoroughly as have the gals in the US. Plus, they seem to have an aversion to bulky clothing. So, they'll not all bad, if you take my point.

Quote by stepchildusmc
a gun and guitar shop in the middle of nowhere called dick's music oasis. must have 1/2 dozen T5's there. not the kinda place you'd think to find over 700 martins, Taylors and gibsons plus a buncha others. it worth the trip, just take a right off of 15sud once you cross the border and keep goin about 30 miles on rt 11.
We started out, (by, "we", I mean the OP), being thoroughly taken by the look, feel, and sound of an Ibanez Montage. Here's a Montage @ 377 Euros: http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_msc350_bk.htm But now, with the mere mention of the T-5, our OP would "take a Taylor over the Montage any day". Meh, who wouldn't? Here's the T-5 pricing from Musician's Friend: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?sB=r&question=Taylor+T-5 Notice the $2000.00 starting point? The highest price I found on the best Montage stateside, was about a grand. So, we're comparing apples to oranges, while perhaps not having the where with all to acquire either one.

I'm going to kick back and wait to participate in the next, guess what, I'm getting a new guitar soon, pseudo NGD thread..... They always bring a smile to my to my tortured, curmudgeon's face.....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 26, 2012,
just sayin'... last time i was there they had a t5 with a little buckle rash cheap. think it was aroound 1300US. front was flawless. great shape except for a few scratches on the back. and its in his "backyard".
Quote by Captaincranky
Right! French is a romance language, I get that....One of a half dozen or so.

So, we've solved the mystery of your guitar ID problem, my mystery of where "bro" is located in Canada, and that Taylor's reputation reaches as far as the major French Canadian population centers, and possibly beyond.

That question that remains, at least for me is this; "are you interested in a hybrid type guitar to purchase in the near future, or were you just, "window picking", so to speak"?

Bro isn't a place as far as I know, just some silly expression i got from watching How I Met Your Mother too much. And I got the Taylor GAS from one of my favorite guitarist, Ryan Phillips. And I'm really interest into a T5, but I'm way too poor right now... And I have soe stuff to pay before, i.e. drivers licence, current guitar build, next years's guitar build, a PRS SE245, some mods the SE245, then a new acoustic will be considered.... So I guess you can call that window picking :P
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Bro isn't a place as far as I know, just some silly expression i got from watching How I Met Your Mother too much.
Yeah, acute American TV overdose manifests itself in strange and wonderful ways.

If that Montage "called to you" you should probably shuffle that forward in your plans.

While it's not a Taylor it's probably a pretty neat toy, and they may not be around forever.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 29, 2012,