Some software, so that I could bind normal keyboard keys, like these

To a piano roll that would appear on a screen and the computer can recognize this as if I connected a midi keyboard.

Anything of this sort?
A lot of DAWs just have the "use virtual keyboard" option in one of the device lists. Cubase, Sonar and FL Studio I know.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
A lot of DAWs just have the "use virtual keyboard" option in one of the device lists. Cubase, Sonar and FL Studio I know.

As does Logic. In Logic I know its triggered by caps lock, might be the same across some of the more popular DAWs?

Also, this is totally the wrong forum. you'll want the main recording forum.
Ableton Live and Garageband also have this built in.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I have the function built-in too, but it doesn't allow me to change which keys are assigned to what.
Just go out a buy a 25 key midi keyboard. You'll be glad you did, trying to do this with your computers keyboard is just a pain. Id recommended the rock band 3 keys as a cheap, quality midi keyboard. I have one, it's great.
Quote by mh1986
Just go out a buy a 25 key midi keyboard. You'll be glad you did, trying to do this with your computers keyboard is just a pain. Id recommended the rock band 3 keys as a cheap, quality midi keyboard. I have one, it's great.

I have good keyboards, but I can't take them to the university and use them during lectures to write music.
I'd like to know this too.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by SkepsisMetal
A lot of DAWs just have the "use virtual keyboard" option in one of the device lists. (Invalid img)Cubase, Sonar and FL Studio I know.
A lot of DAWs just have the "use virtual keyboard" option in one of the device lists