Page 1 of 2
So what is the piece of gear that you have sold, given away or thrown out of a moving truck that you are most glad to see the back of?

Mine would be a single frequency Nady wireless link. Bottom of the line, noisy, unreliable, tone stealing, black spot ridden piece of junk.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
My first cheap little Behringer amp. That was a great day.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Hmmm, probably my first acoustic. It was horrible. Practically sawdust and glue. I swear the fretboard was plastic. The tuners just wouldn't hold the tuning, the bridge was plastic and the veneer was probably a sheet of plastic...
^Yeah, my first acoustic was pretty horrible.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Peavey Bandit.

I feel that the Bandit would have sounded better with a different speaker, but that would be polishing a turd to the highest degree...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
marshall mg100 half stack...

see ya!!
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Ibanez RG370dx worst guitar ever. Stick to my Dean Dave Mustaine and Jackson MT now thank you very much
Line 6 Spider III. I dont miss it.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Line 6 Spider IV. Ugh - horrible amp.
My Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Cherry Burst) || Gibson Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
Marshall 1987X and 1960AX || Weber Mass 100
Fulltone OCD pedal || Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer || Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker || Boss AC2
A stock mim strat. For some reason I liked it at first but the more I played it the more disappointed I was. Playing a friend's samick strat was the last straw. At least it was easy to sell!
Big Muff Pi, glad I got rid of that piece o' crap...

oh yeah, and my Line 6 Spider IV
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt. It was okay for learning on, but God if it didn't just suck for anything else.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Probably going to get really hammered for this, but mine would be a US Fender Strat. Bought with high expectations, to me it was just dull & bland. Obviously not the worst guitar I've ever had, but the others didn't cost so much and it was definitely the one I found most disappointing.

I've always preferred Gretsch anyway.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Probably my 10W Fender & Silvertone amps.

My Epi G400. God that was a POS guitar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Two things:

My Fender Frontman 25R, which was my first amp, didn't use it much but sold it to a friend for $100 (he got ripped off I know ) and used it to help fund my first tube amp (Crate Palomino V16, decent amp but replaced that one after about a year).

My Squier Strat Standard Series, this was my second guitar, the longer I had it the more it played like sh!t, though I think I warped the neck by putting 11s on it one time when it was set up for 9s. I ended up giving it to my now ex-gf as a gift
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Everytime Time I hear "Joe's Garage", I think of two that I had.

A cheesy little amp
With a sign on the front that said "Fender Champ"

And a second-hand guitar
It was a Stratocaster with a whammy bar
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
Quote by GaryBillington
Probably going to get really hammered for this, but mine would be a US Fender Strat. Bought with high expectations, to me it was just dull & bland. Obviously not the worst guitar I've ever had, but the others didn't cost so much and it was definitely the one I found most disappointing.

I've always preferred Gretsch anyway.

I concur! I have a Strat, also a USA. Not a cheap USA one either mind you. It was £1599. Played it at the shop and really liked it. But I just don't use it now. I can't get used to it. It sounds pretty good, looks awesome, but I just can't get used to the layout, the ridiculously thin neck, the shape... I have a Baja tele which was about £550 I think and that is beautiful. Plays amazingly and sounds just as good. My Les Paul is awesome too. But I just can't do strats.
My Rhythm Art Drumset. Before I played guitar, I tried to play drums. I failed at it so I switched to guitar. Good choice, I might add.
I don't like Fender necks either
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by xFilth
The day I sold my Metal Zone for almost full price was a happy day

Good Job...

I can't hardly give mine away

I did sell my Fuzz Face though... It's not very versitile... It gets pretty dirty, but it's a really loose dirty... Lots of Feedback... Just wasn't my cup of tea...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I don't like Fender necks either

Nothing against Fender as a whole - I love my Tele, it was just the Strat I didn't like.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Some Behrinher chorus. Replaced by a Tonerider and oh god, the difference.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
My Rhythm Art Drumset. Before I played guitar, I tried to play drums. I failed at it so I switched to guitar. Good choice, I might add.

It's usually the other way around.

No offense to any drummers in here.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
This summer I will be purchasing my first all-tube amp. My Spider was ok for learning. The dilemma I now face is how to destroy it. Sledgehammer? Thrown into river? Kerosene and a bic? The possibilities are endless and each promises the satisfaction of knowing that no one will ever suffer its tone again.
Die troll

Dean VMNTX (EMG set)
Peavey 6505+ 112
+ a buncha teh pedlulz
I had an Ibanez SAS36FM. Horribly set up from the factory. Even the newest strings sounded like a dead piece of wood. Terrible intonation. It would have been decent had it been set up right. But I traded it in on an Artcore AF105. MUUUUUCH better!
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Boss ME-50 (funded RP1000)
Digitech RP1000 (funded real pedals)
LTD EC-200QM (sold it for my brother... I got nothing out of it )

Each transaction left me with a smile. No regrets.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
My Yamaha EG303...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
My Suhr custom Modern. A great guitar but not my style at all, and having it sitting there was a constant reminder that I'd spent £2600 on the wrong guitar.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78
My Suhr custom Modern. A great guitar but not my style at all, and having it sitting there was a constant reminder that I'd spent £2600 on the wrong guitar.

Oh I know that feel bro... I bought a Gibson Les Paul Supreme. Had it a week and took it back. Swapped it for the strat I currently have. Which isn't really my cup of tea...
Page 1 of 2