I have a Marshall AVT150X. I played it today and then switched of the amp and unplugged it from the mains to move it. While doing so I touched the pins of the plug (three-pin UK plug) and received a slight electric shock. The cable was still plugged into the back of the amp. Why is this happening and what can I do about it?
Quote by heffordj
unplugged it from the mains to move it.
While doing so I touched the pins of the plug (three-pin UK plug) and received a slight electric shock.

So you touched the pins while they were still in the wall or after it had been completely removed?
Sounds like there's nothing wrong with your amp and you just got electrocuted by the mains.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Yeah if the pins were still in the wall it wasn't your amp that shocked you. Happens to me occasionally when I'm being careless.
On a UK plug you should have insulated lower ends to the pins - designed so you can't accidentally touch the mains if the plugs not in fully (try seeing how far you can pull a plug out before turning a lamp off - nowhere near finger size)
Sounds like there was still some residual charge stored in the amp.
This is a particular problem with valve amps as you need a lot of capacitors to make them work/sound nice so they store a fair amount of charge. You normally disappate this in the few seconds after you turn off the amp (when you hit the switch it will keep making noise for a second or so) but clearly not all of it

TLDR: your amp stores some charge after being on - that flowed into you after it was unplugged and you touched the plug
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
The plug was completely out of the wall.

Should i be worried about this at all?
Amps have huge reservoir capacitors in that can store lethal voltages for sometimes weeks (especially solid state bass amps, huge reservoir caps in those) but those are generally on the other side of a power transformer

if you got shocked by the pins on the plug while it was attached to the amp, then there was a connection between the input and a loaded capacitor, you should get it seen to by an amp tech
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb