ok, so i think i'd really like to distance myself from my family for a while and was thinking about attempting to move a good 3 or 4 states away from NJ.

anyone got some recommendations for places i can move with a decent punk scene and a college i'd be able to get accepted to? preferably somewhere south of where i currently live, too.

cum 2 yakima

We don't have a decent punk scene. But what we lack in punks, we make up for w/ a community college. 8)
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 25, 2012,
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ok, so i think i'd really like to distance myself from my family for a while and was thinking about attempting to move a good 3 or 4 states away from NJ.

anyone got some recommendations for places i can move with a decent punk scene and a college i'd be able to get accepted to? preferably somewhere south of where i currently live, too.

Manchester.

As in the English one.

As in where I am.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by jakesmellspoo
are any of these possible on a budget of massive crippling debt?

No.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Tons of colleges in Boston. Not really a punk town but Burlington, Vermont is really cool, especially if you are into drugs.
brnh.bandcamp.com
i made a visit to Boston when i was still in high school to look at colleges. applied to BU and that other one nearby. they were like, "nah, ur too dumb"

taking note of Burlington. i do like my drugs.
Yea, the problem with Boston is that most of the schools are really prestigious. If you had good enough grades to even apply to BU than I would think you'd definitely get in at UVM.

Further away places to consider: Columbus, Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Chicago, Philadelphia.

Oh, and the University of New Hampshire is like 15 minutes away from my house, making it the most punx university in America.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I'd agree with BrianApocalypse. Mexico, like Canada, is a great American state that offers free college and has a kickass (literally) punk rock scene. Oh yeah, and personal amounts of drugs are OK.

Whatever you do, do not come to Portland. We don't need anymore transplants. But if you want to, then I guess that's cool. (example of the Northwest's aggressive passive aggressiveness)