Hey, a friend of mine is looking to get a strat style guitar, but he hasn't got a lot of cash. There's this one on eBay for £100, but I'm not sure what it is, it says Jimi Hendrix, but I wasn't aware Squire made a Jimi Hendrix model, we want to be sure it's not an affinity, because I've played one, and they're crap.

Here's the link:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300679693337?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&fb_source=message#ht_500wt_1272

As a side note, he has a budget of £200, and loves grunge, mainly Nirvana. He wants any fender style guitar (aside from a Telecaster).

Oh, and he's left handed, which is why I'm struggling to help, left handed guitars are so much more expensive :/
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
I suggest that he try looking for a standard, a CM, or a SV if he can. But id say go for it, its just a lefty squier, nothing special about it but left handed guitars are a bit more difficult and expensive to get. But its an affinity
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Mar 25, 2012,
being left handed doesnt mean you HAVE to play left handed guitars. im a lefty but ive always played regular guitars, and its always felt right for me.
Quote by GuitardudeDK
being left handed doesnt mean you HAVE to play left handed guitars. im a lefty but ive always played regular guitars, and its always felt right for me.

He's been learning left handed for years though :') And, he's bought a standard now, so this thread is no longer relevant.
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
squire dose NOT make a jimi hendrix model. It is just the A-hole seller trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes. It is an affinity. And the whammy bar is F#cked. Tell him to buy a squire standard or a used classic vibe like someone else had mentioned.

And the old wives tale that Lefties a lot more expensive then righties is a lie. Maybe in some cases when you are dealing with an ultra high end guitar. Go to musiciansfriend.com and squires are 10-20 more for a lefty then a right. Dont buy into the BS
Last edited by jsspang at Mar 25, 2012,