I'm into all types of music so I've compiled a list of demos I've made. Please browse thru them and gimme some insight as to what I can do to improve on them.

http://soundcloud.com/zeblazed

C4C! The more in depth you write for me the more I write for you( Please be honest ). Please leave a link to anything you'd like my feedback on. Much appreciated for checking out my thread.
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Last edited by Jonathan Trejo at Mar 28, 2012,
The electronic song reminded me of mild dubstep for a while hah :p It was nice, I think you got some good ideas there, only the intro wasn't very catchy. Perhaps add some effects to it?

I got it back is similar to music that I could compose or listen to. The (cello?) melody is awesome! How did you compose this tune? It would be awesome as a movie or video game sound track!

I listened to your piano serenade too. Very catchy at first. I'm thinking of Satie as an inspiration for this. Then there's a sweet arpeggio. I think you're doing a great job. Keep it up!

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1528511
All my songs are first written on guitar then tabbed out into gp5 then I use magic to make it happen xD Now when I say magic I mean VST's Native Instruments is one of the best places to find whatever you need. The reason I did this is I got tired of recording and I just wanted to write and play.

My Library
Electronic song reminded me of Pokemon. And then Final Fantasy. And then yeah a little dubstep. Actually pretty sick. Bass is killer. A little Mission Impossible or something too. Haha pretty cool song.

Could hear I Got It Back in a movie. Shit or in Final Fantasy again. Have you ever played those games? Actually I could hear almost all of these in Final Fantasy. Maybe it's just the tone. But Final Fantasy music is awesome so take that as a complement. Denied Rejection - also killer. Sick as hell when the drums come in.

These are all pretty awesome man. You've got writing talent. Could hear all of these in games or movies or something. They stand alone well too. Ever considered recording with real instruments? I think that would be sick. But nice work dude, keep it up these sound great.

edit: oh question answered, but yeah I understand these sound good dude
Quote by shortyafter
Electronic song reminded me of Pokemon. And then Final Fantasy. And then yeah a little dubstep. Actually pretty sick. Bass is killer. A little Mission Impossible or something too. Haha pretty cool song.

Could hear I Got It Back in a movie. Shit or in Final Fantasy again. Have you ever played those games? Actually I could hear almost all of these in Final Fantasy. Maybe it's just the tone. But Final Fantasy music is awesome so take that as a complement. Denied Rejection - also killer. Sick as hell when the drums come in.

These are all pretty awesome man. You've got writing talent. Could hear all of these in games or movies or something. They stand alone well too. Ever considered recording with real instruments? I think that would be sick. But nice work dude, keep it up these sound great.

edit: oh question answered, but yeah I understand these sound good dude

Thnx for the feedback much appreciated xD

I've played Pokemon before But I have not played final fantasy. My only memory of having anything remotely to do with Final Fantasy is I stole a PS2 Memory card with this dudes final fantasy saves and then someone else stole it from me so I had to buy a new memory card and bring it back to the dude and he was so mad cause he lost his saves so he tried to murder me but his family held him back. That was awhile ago. Yeah you must be wondering wtf right? yeah I have a colorful history I guess.

My Library
You've got some crazy sounds going on, which I definitely encourage. Something maybe to think about is adding more parts where it gets quiet or changes tempo. My favorite I think was "My Piano Serenade" because you worked in parts where it got quiet and then went back. I was going to suggest maybe getting a drummer, but listening more, I don't really know if one is necessary.
tunes are cool man, one tip i could give you would be to put some dynamic range into the tracks to provide contrast and more expression, they are all going at the same volume and intensity the whole time.
Alright man I'm listening to post rock. The bass has a cool thundering sound. The melody is good I think it would sound really cool with some vocals and what not. I like the way it developed, well wrote! I think the length leaves something to be desired. Nice job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
All sounds good.
Post rock has some really nice tones and a really great shift. It sounds like it would be great for a background scene in a television show.
Blah teeth sounds like a really cool old video game in a haunted castle. I like how it combines the old sound with more modern sounds.
I got it back is a real interesting piece. The only problem is that it kind of stresses me out, but I'm pretty sure that's the tone you're going for.
Piano serenade is really nice. It shows that you can do the pleasant relaxing stuff as well as the crazy stuff
Denied rejection might sound a bit too much like the Halloween Theme.
Relaxed Theme reminds me of the short keyboard things you might find on the end of a danger friends usa album.

http://soundcloud.com/california-zach
Ty for listening to a bunch and reviewing them I appreciate that. I left a comment on your song Dance with me.

My Library
Thanks for the crit.

Listening to My Piano Serenade.

I like the actual thing altogether, but is this MIDI? Because it sounds a little weird for some reason, and at times, I feel like you drone on the bass notes for too long too.

I like how it alters melodies and moods throughout to keep it interesting, overall I enjoyed it, but the droning on the bass notes is a little hard to bear at times.
Quote by King Turi
Thanks for the crit.

Listening to My Piano Serenade.

I like the actual thing altogether, but is this MIDI? Because it sounds a little weird for some reason, and at times, I feel like you drone on the bass notes for too long too.

I like how it alters melodies and moods throughout to keep it interesting, overall I enjoyed it, but the droning on the bass notes is a little hard to bear at times.

Hmm maybe Sustain pedal is broken idk. Check out the other ones if you have time

My Library
Thanks for the crit man,
Denied Rejection: Epic intro, sounds like it could be theme for a video game boss or something haha, sounds great, you should you definatly add more to this!

Bassline Experimental: Love the groove when the drums kick in though they could be mixed a bit louder.

Flag Burner: Nice sound and lovely intro and melodys, like it alot!

I got it back: Reminds me off the Inception Theme (Dream Is Collapsing) on some parts, sounds great, good production too, overall good song but might be a bit too long for everything it has.

Overall good stuff man keep it up!
Quote by Benjami
Thanks for the crit man,
Denied Rejection: Epic intro, sounds like it could be theme for a video game boss or something haha, sounds great, you should you definatly add more to this!

Bassline Experimental: Love the groove when the drums kick in though they could be mixed a bit louder.

Flag Burner: Nice sound and lovely intro and melodys, like it alot!

I got it back: Reminds me off the Inception Theme (Dream Is Collapsing) on some parts, sounds great, good production too, overall good song but might be a bit too long for everything it has.

Overall good stuff man keep it up!

Thnx man I really appreciate the Inception reference. I love Hans Zimmers work so I look up to him as a composer. Plus I watch a lot of movies so I guess it rubbed off on me in a good way

Yeah I know what you mean about " I got it back " I looped it never wrote anymore though I do have some ideas just haven't put them into action. Ty for the kind words

My Library
Listened to I Got It Back. Pretty cool song, definitely hard a dark epic feel with some slight uplifting sections. I enjoyed it for sure. If you're going to keep it that long though it's going to need some variety or at least some more. That sharp synthetic chugging begins to fatigue the ear simply because there are no dynamics or changes. You gotta change it up a bit. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea just needs some variety.

I'd enjoy hearing what else you can do with it, you've got some production talent going on.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Listened to I Got It Back. Pretty cool song, definitely hard a dark epic feel with some slight uplifting sections. I enjoyed it for sure. If you're going to keep it that long though it's going to need some variety or at least some more. That sharp synthetic chugging begins to fatigue the ear simply because there are no dynamics or changes. You gotta change it up a bit. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea just needs some variety.

I'd enjoy hearing what else you can do with it, you've got some production talent going on.

I wouldn't dwell too much on I got it back cause I did loop it.

My Library
I really like Flag Burner and the Piano Serenade! I found Flag Burner had a really well-portrayed mood to it, and I've always had a thing for sad piano pieces. I think that the Relaxed theme really reminds of something like The Sims, or a game of that sort, and I Got It Back reminds of either a) A boss battle in a video game, or b) some sneaky spy movie. Overall, I really like your stuff and think you do a great job at portraying different emotions. Just wondering though, what program are you using?
You've got some interesting ideas, but you need to work on turning them into songs (if that's what you're trying to write). I particularly liked "I Got It Back", but most of your other stuff is just too short. Try to expand them, write more sections, and add some vocals. I think you have ideas that could be great songs if just flesh them out. You're lucky though that you have a lot of starting points to go off of - you could either make eight new songs or combine some of these together.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by StrokeMidnight
You've got some interesting ideas, but you need to work on turning them into songs (if that's what you're trying to write). I particularly liked "I Got It Back", but most of your other stuff is just too short. Try to expand them, write more sections, and add some vocals. I think you have ideas that could be great songs if just flesh them out. You're lucky though that you have a lot of starting points to go off of - you could either make eight new songs or combine some of these together.

I agree well I did cut them to 40 seconds I have the full versions but they aren't polished yet. I plan to revamp these projects when I get the money while I sell stuff on craigslist from my garage Thnx for listening much appreciated.

My Library
Hey thnx for the crit on my work.

First off I really love a lot of the textures you create with a pretty wide variety of sounds. Everything sounds really full without sounding incredibly cluttered. I am curious, is this all done through digital VST programming or is this like analog synth work being done here? A lot of really cool stuff though for sure. Blah Teeth Go is definitely the best imo. One thing I would say is to lengthen some of your tracks seeing as once I got really into them they just kind of ended. All in All though very well done man
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by MattsRichardson
Hey thnx for the crit on my work.

First off I really love a lot of the textures you create with a pretty wide variety of sounds. Everything sounds really full without sounding incredibly cluttered. I am curious, is this all done through digital VST programming or is this like analog synth work being done here? A lot of really cool stuff though for sure. Blah Teeth Go is definitely the best imo. One thing I would say is to lengthen some of your tracks seeing as once I got really into them they just kind of ended. All in All though very well done man

Ty very much for listening

All my stuff is created with samples and VST's Only reason is I can rely more on a computer then a human and because I spend so much time trying to get a good recording when I can just spend more time writing and producing rather then recording. Define analog synth? You mean like actual hardware? cause there are some really good analog synth vst's . These are demos bro They end abruptly cause I'm too paranoid to share the full thing and I lose inspiration over time.

My Library
Last edited by Jonathan Trejo at Mar 26, 2012,
That electronic song is awesome. Lots of cool sounds and parts in it, you should keep working on it. It sounds like it could shape up into a pretty awesome song.

I will listen to some of the other songs later on
Sounds pretty cool to me, just need to work on expanding them into full songs because a few of them are really good but a bit too short to fully get into them
First one reminds of some old video game music, which I always dig. Although the mix seemed a tad empty on the low end.

Second one, I got it back was interesting. A bit too much on the low end in the mix in this, resonated unpleasantly long, but the composition is quite interesting. The melody is quite nice and unique, sounds again like video game music which is a major plus.

Flag burner started off nice, reminds me a patriotic tune of sorts, something cultural. The piano needs some automation to make it sound nice, sounds like the fast parts all hit the same velocity, makes it a little too robotic. Otherwise a solid composition that would sound great with a real piano.

Denied rejection was probably the most interesting with the fast pizzicato style strings. Too bad it was so short.

Relaxed theme reminded of the caves in Final Fantasy VI, not the music they play but just the atmosphere. So again a video game music reference, and again a plus.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
Quote by The Uncreator
First one reminds of some old video game music, which I always dig. Although the mix seemed a tad empty on the low end.

Second one, I got it back was interesting. A bit too much on the low end in the mix in this, resonated unpleasantly long, but the composition is quite interesting. The melody is quite nice and unique, sounds again like video game music which is a major plus.

Flag burner started off nice, reminds me a patriotic tune of sorts, something cultural. The piano needs some automation to make it sound nice, sounds like the fast parts all hit the same velocity, makes it a little too robotic. Otherwise a solid composition that would sound great with a real piano.

Denied rejection was probably the most interesting with the fast pizzicato style strings. Too bad it was so short.

Relaxed theme reminded of the caves in Final Fantasy VI, not the music they play but just the atmosphere. So again a video game music reference, and again a plus.

Thnx for the long crit much appreciated

My Library
Blah Teeth Go sounds like a retro videogame, I think it's due to the effects you use and it's short length. Which in my opinion is not a bad thing. I like it.

I Got It Back was awesome from the start in my opinion! Reminded me of Apocalyptica at first. Just like The Uncreator I think this could be great for some dark epic-ish video game music, but on the other hand I also imagine it being played with a full prog metal band. It does feel too long and repetitive near the end. Maybe it should have a different section somewhere in the middle so it doesn't feel this way?

I wasn't fond of My Piano Serenade at the beginning, but then at 0:27 I really liked it! I liked how it returned to the slow part at 3:09, I pretty much always dig those changes. That part reminded me of Aerith's Theme from FFVII ! Dunno if you're familiar with videogame music.

Flag Burner.. well it was just awesome, that's it, don't have much to say. Wish it was longer xD

You've got pretty good ideas. I'm curious, are you writing stuff intended for videogames? Or as a hobby? What's your goal?

Here's a link to my thread! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1526635
Quote by 7thvagrant
Blah Teeth Go sounds like a retro videogame, I think it's due to the effects you use and it's short length. Which in my opinion is not a bad thing. I like it.

I Got It Back was awesome from the start in my opinion! Reminded me of Apocalyptica at first. Just like The Uncreator I think this could be great for some dark epic-ish video game music, but on the other hand I also imagine it being played with a full prog metal band. It does feel too long and repetitive near the end. Maybe it should have a different section somewhere in the middle so it doesn't feel this way?

I wasn't fond of My Piano Serenade at the beginning, but then at 0:27 I really liked it! I liked how it returned to the slow part at 3:09, I pretty much always dig those changes. That part reminded me of Aerith's Theme from FFVII ! Dunno if you're familiar with videogame music.

Flag Burner.. well it was just awesome, that's it, don't have much to say. Wish it was longer xD

You've got pretty good ideas. I'm curious, are you writing stuff intended for videogames? Or as a hobby? What's your goal?

Here's a link to my thread! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1526635

My goal is to make music for Movies or Games and Become a practicing DJ and play at clubs. Thnx for the crit Going to check out your stuff

My Library
Quote by aaron aardvark
JT,
Listening to "Blah", which is not blah. It's actually very cool! Nice synth sounds & melodies, without being too repetitive. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29392623#post29392623

Thnx aaron aardvark I left feedback on your thread. wondering if you could check out the other stuff I have if possible.

My Library
JT,
Since you reviewed 2 of my songs (thank you), I'm back for seconds. Now listening to "I Got it Back": I like the melodies, but there are a lot of high frequencies (I'm sensitive to those) that are hard on my ears; I have to listen to it at a fairly low volume. Some of the strings sound quite distorted (I assume you like that, but for me I'd like no distortion on the strings). It's a good song.
Quote by aaron aardvark
JT,
Since you reviewed 2 of my songs (thank you), I'm back for seconds. Now listening to "I Got it Back": I like the melodies, but there are a lot of high frequencies (I'm sensitive to those) that are hard on my ears; I have to listen to it at a fairly low volume. Some of the strings sound quite distorted (I assume you like that, but for me I'd like no distortion on the strings). It's a good song.

I'm sorry that you have to listen at a low level. I'm not sure if your using studio headphones or gaming headphones. Other headphones such as gaming headphones boost the frequencies of the high's( Treble ) and the lows ( bass ) I don't hear any clipping( distortion ) of the strings. I mixed them on studio monitors and headphones. Played them in different places full blast ( cars , other places ) so I'm really at a lost for words when you say there clipping. Hmm guna have to fix that

Thnx for listening xD

My Library
JT,
I'm listening on Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I don't think the strings are clipping, they just sound like they are going through heavy guitar amp/stomp box distortion to my ears at times.
Quote by aaron aardvark
JT,
I'm listening on Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I don't think the strings are clipping, they just sound like they are going through heavy guitar amp/stomp box distortion to my ears at times.

Ah I see those are great headphones. I got the Beyer Dynamic DT880 Pros xD No worries dude to each there own

My Library
Thanks for the crit first off!

I listened to Blah teeth go first of all, and it reminds me of those tense moments in games/films. I loved the flow of it, the way the big bassy synth line comes in, and the dubstep-styled drop at 0:41. And then the synth kicks carry it nicely to the outro which keep the tension in the piece. Nice job.

I then moved to the piano serenade, and was surprised at how it danced about - from those short almost staccato phrases with short rests, to the open high octave crescendo.

I liked how you didnt try to uphold the pace from that point, and it took it to the half time call/response bit.

I would have liked to hear a slight more traditional chord progression at one point, as i noticed the chords generally climbed, or were descending. I know this is the style of the piece and does the job well, but a serenade created an image in my head before i listened to it sorry haha.

I thought it could have ended at 3:07. The reprise wasn't totally neccessary for myself, but a nice touch nonethe less as the story of the song changes since you left it in. But what do i know about endings with my stupid long outro!

I then listened to Relaxed Theme, and i loved the bit from 15 seconds onwards. It reminds me of that prodigy song, can't remember the exact name but it was definitely good little piece. Would have even liked it a little longer, with more repetition of that initial phrase which comes in.

Keep making music man! Its got something unique about it.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.