Ok.. A little background...
A few months ago, I decided I needed a change, and I wanted to retire my aging Twin Reverb, so I bought a Peavey Windsor half stack. Great amp and I was pretty happy with the tone I was getting... Then, our drummer mentioned just how much he loved the tone that I was getting with my Twin... So, not having done so before, I decided to run a side by side comparison, to see which one I liked the best... While doing that, obviously the amps are side by side, but since the Fender doesn't have an effects loop, I had to do a quick rewire of my board to run everything in front of the amp, which left the effects loop on the peavey vacant. I'd heard that some folks run two amps combined by using the "Send" jack from the effects loop and plugging that into the input on the other amp... So, turned down all the volumes, put everything on "Standby" and hooked them up... No excruciating noise, or smoke, and I got sound out of both amps... a little tweaking, and the sound became quite pleasant, so now I’ve got this awesome sound, but I have a question…
Will this hurt either amp? I’m really happy with the tone I’m getting with the mixture, but I don’t want to risk blowing up my rig… (sounds like a noob question, but it’s just something I’ve never tried before.. )
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Have you considered running your rig in stereo, or using an A/B switch?

And IIRC, you don't want to be doing this without plugging from one amp's send to another amp's return. Since your Fender doesn't have an effects loop, you can't do this. However, I am really not sure about this, so wait for someone smarter than me to confirm or deny this.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I would invest in an ABY if I were you. Look into the Radial Twin City. It has every feature you could want in an ABY at the lowest price to get all of those features.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You can run one from a send (amp a) to a return (amp b). You are basically using the preamp of amp a with power amp of amp b. it won't really combine the tone.
Quote by Chad11491
You can run one from a send (amp a) to a return (amp b). You are basically using the preamp of amp a with power amp of amp b. it won't really combine the tone.

Well, it does.. in this case.. and the reason why is my concern... I'm running the Send of the Peavey, Into the Preamp of the Fender... I understand that I am using the Peavey's preamp and I'm getting the the slight growl that I like from the peavey, and the reverb of the Fender... It sounds amazing...

I just need to know if I'm going to blow anything up... LOL
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
Well, it does.. in this case.. and the reason why is my concern... I'm running the Send of the Peavey, Into the Preamp of the Fender... I understand that I am using the Peavey's preamp and I'm getting the the slight growl that I like from the peavey, and the reverb of the Fender... It sounds amazing...

I just need to know if I'm going to blow anything up... LOL

Do you only want the Fender for the reverb?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Do you only want the Fender for the reverb?

No, not at all..

I'd thought about running an A-B switch so that I could use the Fender Cleans on some songs and then switch to run the Peavey for some of the grittier stuff we do, Best of both worlds right.. but, the sound that I'm getting by wiring it up this way is really cool... Think Bonamassa immitating AC/DC... It's full and crisp and deep all at the same time... I know it's not true stereo, and it's not truely combining tones, but it sounds so good...

It wasn't my intent to leave it that way, and I really didn't think it would sound good when I started playing with it.. I really just wanted to see if it would work.. now it's like food you really like.. If it's that good it can't be good for you... LOL
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
If you want, you could probably run the Windsor preamp, into the input of the Twin, and also split it to the line in of the Windsor again?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
If you want, you could probably run the Windsor preamp, into the input of the Twin, and also split it to the line in of the Windsor again?

not sure that I need to.. I'm getting sound out of both amps... Good sound...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Chad11491
It won't hurt anything at all, it's completely safe

Thanks..

and your in GA too.. so I can hunt you down if you're wrong.. jk
I Play Guitar
Some Like it