Okay so I own a dean v255 and it's been really good to me but (like every other guitarist) I get that urge of getting a new guitar I played it yesterday and actually really liked the feel and playability. Should I sell the dean? Thoughts?
The best guitar is the guitar that feels best to you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The best guitar is the guitar that feels best to you.

True man I guess it's just cuz this deans been with me a while. I think I'll get the ibanez
Two totally different necks. I like the original Wizard more than the Wizard II. Make sure to try them all!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Hmm, well bear in mind the significantly different shapes and the pickups- the Ibby has passives (and in my experience, stock Ibanez pups are often poor even at Prestige level) and the Dean has active EMG's. The Ibanez is however undoubtedly more comfortable to play and is probably more versatile.

I love Ibanez so of course, I'd encourage you to get that :P but seriously, consider those points. The Dean will be much more suited to metal, both features AND looks, and the Ibby will be more versatile and likely more playable
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Two totally different necks. I like the original Wizard more than the Wizard II. Make sure to try them all!

Yah I also tried the s series one and that guitar felt a little weird. I played a couple of Jackson's and ESPs too but those don't catch my attention to the feel.
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Hmm, well bear in mind the significantly different shapes and the pickups- the Ibby has passives (and in my experience, stock Ibanez pups are often poor even at Prestige level) and the Dean has active EMG's. The Ibanez is however undoubtedly more comfortable to play and is probably more versatile.

I love Ibanez so of course, I'd encourage you to get that :P but seriously, consider those points. The Dean will be much more suited to metal, both features AND looks, and the Ibby will be more versatile and likely more playable

Yeah I used to prefer the actives but I noticed how suited they are for one genre and I don't just play metal I also play jazz and for other rock projects. so the look of my v does feel awkward in those situations :p And in the end the end I'd be happy with either one. I like both feels and the pickups on this one aren't As bad as others I've played.