Alright, so I've been using Ernie ball strings since early february, and they've given me nothing but headaches. They sound nice, but they have no ****ing intonation, whether I'm a half step down or in standard, in either of the gauges I've used (Regular slinky and heavy bottom skinny top), they always fall out of tune. The real problem is, it isn't even that drastic, it's more like chords sound incredibly off, and octaves are always a bit sharp, and it drives me insane no matter how many times I use a tuner. I'm thinking that it might be my aggressive right hand, but I didn't have this problem using Dean Markleys or D'addarios, so I feel that it could be the strings.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
First off, amazing Avatar. You get mad props for that.

Are they different gauges than what you normally use? Because I know that many times, you will not find the exact same gauges of strings in a pack of a different company.
I hate ernie ball strings. I used slinkies for a year or so after i had been playing for a while. They wore out within a week, just got shitty feeling and sounding, and im not chalking it up to me cause i neither smoke nor drink and there isnt any other corrosive matter coming from my glands that shouldve elicited such terrible performance.
maybe you don't know how to set them up, it might be you guitar that's not intonated buddy
i have been using them for a year now and they sound fine
@AsOneIStand: I'm used to using D'addario's in .13-.56, and dean Markleys in what I recall as standard 10 gauge.

@rokket2005: You raise a point that I never thought of, my sweat is actually pretty corrosive, as it's worn down and dulled metal hardware on my guitars in a matter of months, so maybe EB strings are more suseptible to sweat?
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
I used to love Ernie Ball strings, but lately, they all feel plastic-like. I can't feel the individual wrapping like I can on other strings, and the G, B and e strings are almost sticky, even fresh out of the pack. I can't get them to stay in tune very well, they sound muffled, but I've never had any intonation problems
I use them, and have had problems with tuning, but I always thought it was the guitar, not the strings. I guess I haven't tried a lot of other brands.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

I'm sure I've used them but really don't remember how they performed. I always go back to XL's. I just got an EB guitar and thought I might treat it to EB strings but probably not after reading this.
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
I've tried a lotta strings over the years but I've always favored slinky's. My guitars stay in tune just fine, even with heavy bending. IMO it has more to do with your guitar and how well it's set up. Ernie Ball makes good strings
I used Slinky's for the first couple years that I played electric before I switched to D'addarios. I always found that EBs would sound super bright for about a week and then drop rapidly to sounding muddy and dull. D'addarios seem to maintain a more consistent tone throughout their lifespans.

/$.02
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I have .10-.56 EB's on my guitar right now. Have been on for about 2 weeks now. But, they never go out of tune that much or anything like that. That's not to say I'm fond of EB's. I've played a few brands. Ernie Ball, DR, Elixir, Daddario, Dunlop, Rotosound, and GHS. The DR's are my favorite. They have a light coating without making the string hard to grip. Which is the problem I had with Elixirs. And they stay in tune very well.
yeah check the guitar's intonation (not tuning), if you have the right screws you can adjust it for your guitar, just look it up
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Swapped em for Rotosounds a while back. Happy with my choice.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I don't have any problems with ernie ball strings, i've been using them for years and had no problems. I recently switched to DRs, but that's just because i wanted to try something different, not because i specifically disliked anything about ernie balls.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Hate em with a passion. They sound alright, but feel all... dry?

Yeah, EB feel dry. =/

http://www.wyresstrings.net/

Buy a bunch of these and post a thread about them.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Mar 26, 2012,