Page 1 of 2
It didn't always used to be chock full of stringent rules broken down to the smallest probabilities of "unlawful" things you seem to make happen when driving a car these days. And fuck, that's a long sentence. It's no joke that copshops all around the US have been introducing more violations and sending cops out to issue as many traffic tickets as possible. The states are broke, the police departments need money, and where there was no issue for revenue generated by the police departments in generations past, there is one now, and they're mean about it.

The fines have gone up four-fold or more in a lot of places and you get fined for the stupidest shit. What is your guys' stance on the increased policing of driving and the general increase in fine rates - rates poor people can't afford...

EDIT: Wiki's graph is a little outdated, but income levels haven't gone up since the recession... I mention the increase in fine rates because household income has not increased, but the fines have. Significantly.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Mar 25, 2012,
Poor people should drive better then.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
OP just got his first ticket
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by eGraham
Poor people should drive better then.

Quote by shavorules42

/thread
I think most people suck at driving. Everyday there's at least one dumb mother****er merging onto the freeway at 40 mph or pulling out in front of me because he/she didn't look both ways.

i haven't had a single ticket since getting my license at 16, so I personally don't see any problems.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
I need to learn to drive one of these days.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by shavorules42

Nah, I'm quite familiar with them yellow slips (California receipt tickets are).

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Dirge Humani
"Back in my day you didn't even need a license to drive!"
"Yeah grandma, but back in your day a person could outrun a car."

^

Driving is dangerous business. The real question should be, what is the best way to keep the roads safe?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
^

Driving is dangerous business. The real question should be, what is the best way to keep the roads safe?

Kill everyone who sucks
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Here in NZ they've just changed the give way rules to be more like the rest of the world (just like we did with our coins years ago... apparently they were too big) to make the roads safer but the people causing accidents for the most part don't follow the rules anyway and indicators seem to just be an aesthetic thing. I talked to an ex cop once (don't look at me that way) and asked what the traffic quotas were - he told me there aren't any but if you want to get promoted there are

The police look worse than those bastards from oxfam, world vision or other corrupt charities stopping you in the street and asking for money.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Honestly, fines should be high. People get too lax when driving. They forget how heavy their cars/trucks really are, and how fast even 30mph really is. I'm guilty of this, too.

It's easy to get comfortable and listen to music or whatever, and not pay attention. Texting and driving really pisses me off though.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Drivers just don't think logically.The ban talking on your cell because it is a distraction so what do people do?Start texting while driving, which is so much worse.I even have to yell at my own wife about this.RAAAGGGGEEE!!!!
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by eGraham
Honestly, fines should be high. People get too lax when driving. They forget how heavy their cars/trucks really are, and how fast even 30mph really is. I'm guilty of this, too.

It's easy to get comfortable and listen to music or whatever, and not pay attention. Texting and driving really pisses me off though.

In saying that though, making texting illegal increases the number of accidents because people focus more on trying not to be caught, while trying to text while trying to drive.
Fines don't change people's behaviour just like increasing prison sentences doesn't reduce crime rates. Proper driver education is important and (from the roads here in NZ anyway) it's not just the learner drivers who need it badly. It doesn't help that intersections/roundabouts seem to be designed to maximise the number of blind corners and other features that encourage silly driving.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
I didn't say that texting needs to be made illegal. I've seen firsthand that laws don't reduce how much it happens, anyway. I just wish that people had more common sense.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by kornflipsk8er
Drivers just don't think logically.The ban talking on your cell because it is a distraction so what do people do?Start texting while driving, which is so much worse.I even have to yell at my own wife about this.RAAAGGGGEEE!!!!

This is just irresponsibility on the driver's side - it's overconfidence/negligence. Girls have been doing their makeup on the road for a long time now.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by eGraham

I love texting and driving.
Quote by blake1221

I'm sure it's a real thrill

Just don't expect Saul Goodman to defend you in court.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Quote by blake1221
/thread

/thread
/thread
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I hate driving and I can't wait until cars drive themselves. Too many times I have wanted to throw spare change at other drivers for the stupid shit they do.

Everyone will say "but cars that drive themselves will suck the fun out of driving"

Well think about all the things you can't do on an airplane, bus, train, etc. Then think about all the things you can do at home.

Now combine the two when cars drive themselves. You're playing your DS/PSP, you're studying for your upcoming test, you're having breakfast, coffee, sex or clipping your toenails
Quote by metaldud536
I hate driving and I can't wait until cars drive themselves. Too many times I have wanted to throw spare change at other drivers for the stupid shit they do.

Everyone will say "but cars that drive themselves will suck the fun out of driving"

Well think about all the things you can't do on an airplane, bus, train, etc. Then think about all the things you can do at home.

Now combine the two when cars drive themselves. You're playing your DS/PSP, you're studying for your upcoming test, you're having breakfast, coffee, sex or clipping your toenails

I still think your automatic and forced speed limiting idea is stupid, honestly.
Quote by blake1221
I still think your automatic and forced speed limiting idea is stupid, honestly.

You actually remember that thread? I honestly thought it was the best rational thought I came up with.

Well scratch that idea but seriously Miami: Fuck you.
Quote by metaldud536

I really enjoy driving. If there's ever an 'auto-pilot' option in our lifetime, I'd still opt do it manually. Just like masturbating vs. sticking your dick in a water jet. It's actually not at all like that, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I respect the police and authority, but there are much better things to do than sit on your ass in a car and wait for people to drive by that might be going 4 over the limit. In my opinion the police should be using their resources in other areas that would better society, not the road.
Quote by WCPhils

Oh God, what have you done to it? D:

OT: I've never been pulled over and I regularly do 10 mph over
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by eGraham

Personally I have no problem with driving as fast as possible but there are certain things I wouldn't tolerate.

Like using the phone in general while drivng, texting, one hand phone call, handfree call i dont give a bloody shit. It's distracting and in order to preserve all attention to the road it shouldn't be done. On a daily basis to and from school along with my job i go up to about 90-100 easy and no sweat about it. But the parameters are, few cars on the road, dry as a desert, no cops, no people to jump out ever, and i know nearly every bump and drop in the road i take.

Now fblasting something you've never seen at fullthrottle is just plain stupid, flipping in and out of traffic at 80+ is stupid, driving your normal speed (in snow) without the appropraite gear (thin snow tires, chains if availible, etc) and knowledge on how to drive in snow is stupid.

Personally i think the speed limits should be raised dramatically.
On another note the driving test? They should be a crap ton more stringent. They should include something akin to what race drivers get put through (advanced driving courses) like driving a car with on entire wheel on casters (it aint doing shti but sliding) or plowing through half foot waters. That way we have less morons on the road.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by izbbass
Oh God, what have you done to it? D:

Taken it to a whole new level I dare say.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Sigh... I got my first ticket when I was 21, four years after I had started driving. And that was three years ago. I added a few more along the way hehe.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Mar 25, 2012,
Quote by metaldud536
You actually remember that thread? I honestly thought it was the best rational thought I came up with.

Well scratch that idea but seriously Miami: Fuck you.

I have a surprising memory

I mean, I understand it entirely, I just disagree with it on a safety level and a level that you covered, it would sap the fun out of driving haha.

Quote by Dirge Humani
Automatic and forced speed limits would eliminate traffic

Would it really? You're still moving a mass amount of vehicles through a limited amount of space.
Quote by blake1221

It's only fun after a few drinks.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by darkstar2466
Sigh... I got my first ticket when I was 21, four years after I had started driving.

Four years later for me, still no ticket, bitches. /sunglasses
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by WCPhils
Taken it to a whole new level I dare say.

I dare say it looks like shit.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
I dare say it looks like shit.

Meme Generator put that stupid border around it. I don't know how to get rid of it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2