i have a DW double pedal, its relatively new, i got it a year ago from a trade where i traded a cheap pearl single pedal and $20. i think its the 5000 model. i have the spring tension maxed out, the head of the mallet is in what i would consider normal and comfortable range.

the reason is it is hard to get fast double strokes aiding in double bass (LLRR styled roll) and even just snapping two of either side.

are there replacement springs?

am i doing something wrong? i have previously owned a pearl double bass pedal that was likely half the price of this DW pedal.

i know its not normal because on my other set i have a pearl eliminator pedal and i am much faster on that and don't have as much of a problem with the quick doubles (this is a single bass single pedal setup here).

thoughts?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You can get replacement springs from most drum shop however I've never had one fail on me.
I'd try slackening off the spring and looking at the beater angle, this can be adjusted with the allen bolt where the beater bracket connects to the cross shaft if that makes sense.
It may be the angle is out so you're compensating for it by tightening the spring.
Don't be afraid to make adjustments to it, you'll bet a happy set up eventually if you spend enough time with it.
Also what technique do you use? Heel/toe, heel up?
Quote by Beezerk
You can get replacement springs from most drum shop however I've never had one fail on me.
I'd try slackening off the spring and looking at the beater angle, this can be adjusted with the allen bolt where the beater bracket connects to the cross shaft if that makes sense.
It may be the angle is out so you're compensating for it by tightening the spring.
Don't be afraid to make adjustments to it, you'll bet a happy set up eventually if you spend enough time with it.
Also what technique do you use? Heel/toe, heel up?

heel up typically. if i am doing a double stroke i am hitting the front with the toe of my foot and making the second stroke with my heel on the way down. i can do it perfectly on my pearl single pedal, but cant on the DW's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/