So I have an old crate solid state I use for a external speaker to my boss gt-10

I never play with the volume past 9 o clock

So I know I didn't blow it out.

anyways. When I play. the volume is what it should be, and then it get's really low. It doesn't cut out completely, but it gets really quiet.

i cleaned all the inputs (there wasn't anything dirty)

my dad thinks it may be a capacitor.

IDK what sayest thou>?
Could be a cap,

Start by checking cables are all good, if a cable is getting a worn connection sometimes they start fading in and out a bit.

Once you rule that out, start looking at the speakers leads inside the amp, make sure they're plugged in properly..

From there, I have not much idea, being SS it could be anything really.
thou sayst you need a new amp
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Did you also clean the socket on the guitar, try a new cable and clean the speaker socket (if it has one)?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Try hooking it up for a while without the gt as well
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
cables all good

sockets all clean

I have 2 inputs on my amp. I use the one for the insert. the other is for the input guitar

the guitar input has had the problem the whole time
it's always quiet on the distortion channels and the clean is loud, then cuts out again like the gt-10 insert inputs is.
i have a crate flexwave just like that, sometimes the distortion and overdrive dont work. it just kicks in at random. kinda tricky when i plug pedals in. :/
It could be a faulty capacitor but this is the thing with SS amps; diagnostics over a forum are practically impossible if it isn't something really simple like dirty sockets.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
DeOxit the pots and reflow the solder where the pots/jacks attach to the circuit board. Cracked solder joints frequently cause volume going in and out.