Page 1 of 8
I think that at a young age, children should be taught that you can be friends with somebody even if that person has a different opinion than you. Otherwise we get "stop liking what I don't like" man-babies.

I also think that in school, children should be taught things that they'll have to deal with in "the real life", such as finding a job, making a CV, paying bills, etc.

Now I ask the Pit. What do you think?

WARNING: shitstorm ahead.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Mar 26, 2012,
Humans are incapable of seeing past racial, political, and religious differences. We need to accept it and focus on keeping the number of killings to a minimum instead of trying to convince ourselves that it doesn't exist.
Quote by stndrdprcdre
Humans are incapable of seeing past racial, political, and religious differences.
I can. I'm a beast.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Accountability.

Too many people aren't willing to take responsibility for the consequences of their actions and prefer to shift the blame to something else.
All children should be taught how to use a gun and proper gun safety. They should also learn how to make balloon animals.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Teach them critical thinking, how to consider all sides of an issue, how to recognize logical fallacies, how to overcome their own biases, etc.

Fast forward a generation, no Republicans. :3
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Wolfinator-x

I also think that in school, children should be taught things that they'll have to deal with in "the real life", such as finding a job, making a CV, paying bills, etc.

Isn't this what goes on now? Indoctrination and the decay of creativity...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by iplayat11
All children should be taught how to use a gun

Unless they don't live in America or some weird place where it's normal to walk around with a gun.
Doing taxes.

My Accounting teacher went into this slightly in accounting, but nowhere near enough detail. And now I have to figure out my taxes this year.

Quote by fortysix&2
Isn't this what goes on now? Indoctrination and the decay of creativity...

what the fuck are you even talking about
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Mar 26, 2012,
Quote by Wolfinator-x

I think that, in school, children should be taught how to legislate the future world so that they can make what they want instead of jumping through the hoops of today. "The real life" is whatever the people in charge make it; you can teach children to be good followers of the powers that be or teach them how to take charge themselves.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Teach them critical thinking, how to consider all sides of an issue, how to recognize logical fallacies, how to overcome their own biases, etc.

Best post in the thread so far.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by stndrdprcdre
Humans are incapable of seeing past racial, political, and religious differences. We need to accept it and focus on keeping the number of killings to a minimum instead of trying to convince ourselves that it doesn't exist.

Well shit, I must be some kind of enlightened individual.
Teach them how to survive in the wild with nothing but a multi-tool and 60 pounds of camera gear for 7 days.

All while sporting a slight Canadian accent.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by technicolour
Well shit, I must be some kind of enlightened individual.

No, you're just in denial.
Quote by stndrdprcdre
No, you're just in denial.

Go hang out with preschoolers--they haven't been taught to understand these things and they don't even take them into consideration in how they interact with other children. Group-mentality and ostracizing "the other" are natural human tendencies, but they don't naturally go along the lines you've listed. We have to teach the kids what those lines are in the first place.
Quote by iplayat11
All children should be taught how to use a gun and proper gun safety. They should also learn how to make balloon animals.

Yes, guns are a great method of natural population control.
Quote by ErikLensherr

This.
Quote by HardAttack
Teach them how to survive in the wild with nothing but a multi-tool and 60 pounds of camera gear for 7 days.

All while sporting a slight Canadian accent.

That Canadian accent is crippling to wilderness survival, which makes him even more amazing.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
People who might rescue him might not know what he's talking aboot, eh?
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by ErikLensherr
Teach them critical thinking

NO!

For that suggestion in my eyes you veto the right to even have children

Most useless worthless subject in a school ever
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Janis guide how to find your 1st own job:
1. write a CV what only tells your positive sides
2. Apply to all jobs even when they say that they want you to have at least one year of working experience.
3. If they no one seems to replay for your applications/emails CALL THEM!.
4. when you get an invitation to a job interview be on time, have clean clothes, dont be drunk and speak clearly
5. Use your connections if you have them ( relatives)
6. Repeat steps 2-6 until you find a job!
How to pilot mobile suits.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Dirge Humani
Doing taxes.

My Accounting teacher went into this slightly in accounting, but nowhere near enough detail. And now I have to figure out my taxes this year.

what the fuck are you even talking about

Well if a kid wants to be an artist of any kind they usually get told "you won't make any money doing that" and from then on that's all it's about. Maths, English and science get all the emphasis with ineffectual teaching methods while the only kind of art that gets taught in schools is next to remedial and not considered important (thus the decay of creativity, art is good for the mind). The bulk of western schools have been trying to churn out drone workers since the industrial revolution
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Quote by Xiaoxi
How to pilot mobile suits.

How to get laid.

You know, to counteract the former suggestion.
PM me for newts
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I think that at a young age, children should be taught that you can be friends with somebody even if that person has a different opinion than you. Otherwise we get "stop liking what I don't like" man-babies.

Now I ask the Pit. What do you think?

inb4 shitstorm

its kinda hard to teach it to children when a lot of full-grown adults fail to grasp that.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by fortysix&2
Well if a kid wants to be an artist of any kind they usually get told "you won't make any money doing that" and from then on that's all it's about. Maths, English and science get all the emphasis with ineffectual teaching methods while the only kind of art that gets taught in schools is next to remedial and not considered important (thus the decay of creativity, art is good for the mind). The bulk of western schools have been trying to churn out drone workers since the industrial revolution

When ever Einstein got stuck with his calculations he played some music and after that he wasent stuck.
Quote by fortysix&2

If a kid wants to learn music then they can choose to learn music. English and Math are much more important that Music.
Quote by devourke
If a kid wants to learn music then they can choose to learn music. English and Math are much more important that Music.

How do you figure that? I reckon they should all be given the same importance as they all factor into parts of our lives at some point. Even then though first year uni is basically teaching all the stuff you should have (but wasn't even in the curriculum) learned in secondary school.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
We should be teaching the controversy, not shoving anti-Christian beliefs down their throats.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by fortysix&2
How do you figure that? I reckon they should all be given the same importance as they all factor into parts of our lives at some point. Even then though first year uni is basically teaching all the stuff you should have (but wasn't even in the curriculum) learned in secondary school.

90% of people will never need to use music theory in their lives. They won't ever need to listen to a song and work out what chord progression is being used. But almost everyone will need to know how to read and write coherently and use (at the very least) basic math.
Quote by StewieSwan
How to get laid.

You know, to counteract the former suggestion.

That's stupid. Any chick would be wet seeing you in a Gundam.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by devourke
90% of people will never need to use music theory in their lives. They won't ever need to listen to a song and work out what chord progression is being used. But almost everyone will need to know how to read and write coherently and use (at the very least) basic math.

I'm not saying kids should be illerate or innumerate, I just think teaching arts to kids helps keep their mind open while they suffer rote learning.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Quote by rgrockr
We should be teaching the controversy, not shoving anti-Christian beliefs down their throats.

No, we should should truth down their throats. Christianity's claims are not factual, they're a different kind of thing. They can get their christianity at home if they want it.