What are the chances of being caught handing a paper you wrote a while back to another class? Has anyone done it? Worth the risk?
I just finished a huge paper for another class and don't feel like writing another one.
That's all relative to what the paper is about.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
How's one paper work for two different classes? I'm not even sure plagiarizing yourself is against the rules.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
change it up a bit at least? how huge are we talking? realistically, i'd say the risk is really low, especially if this is for undergrad classes.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
well according to my university..its against the rules to plagiarize yourself as stupid as it sounds.
GEAR:

Gibson 1980 Les Paul Firebrand
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Ibanez RG-160b
Sx Furrian
Ibanez RG-7321
Jet City JCA20H + Bugera 212V-BK
i've done it, and yes, it's a bad idea.

i mean, i got away with it, but, you know.

if you go for it, just see to it that the professors of the two classes you're submitting the work for don't interact much.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by ErikLensherr
How's one paper work for two different classes? I'm not even sure plagiarizing yourself is against the rules.

Criminology...a majority of classes just ask you to write on any topic related to criminal justice. This one has to be 8-10 pages, not HUGE but big enough that I don't wanna do it.
I have one from my first semester back in 2010 (it sucks, so I'd have to make it better) and I have one from last semester that I know very well the teacher just skimmed through it (she said she didn't have the time to mark it in detail).
Quote by .Joker.
Criminology...a majority of classes just ask you to write on any topic related to criminal justice. This one has to be 8-10 pages, not HUGE but big enough that I don't wanna do it.
I have one from my first semester back in 2010 (it sucks, so I'd have to make it better) and I have one from last semester that I know very well the teacher just skimmed through it (she said she didn't have the time to mark it in detail).

Believe me if its sucks so much you would have to re-write parts you might as well just do the whole thing over otherwise it just ends up a cluster**** of trying to write parts in and repeating yourself.

spoken from experience, I just re-wrote it after wasting 2 hours trying to fix the old one
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by jetfuel495
Well I assume if they do some anti-plagiarism check like Turnitin.com you'd be screwed.

I just find it hard that they'd scan 30 essays per class (2-3 classes per semester) into a computer just to check if it's been done before.
I'd say you just do the assignment. It may seem inconsequential now, but by doing these essays you develop your thinking and you get better at writing. If you're going to cheat then why be in university?
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Wesseem
I'd say you just do the assignment. It may seem inconsequential now, but by doing these essays you develop your thinking and you get better at writing. If you're going to cheat then why be in university?

I pay for professionals to teach me a certain subject, I don't enjoy paying to do the work and learn it myself. I know it's part of the university life to write papers, but it just gets repetitive writing about the same topics (criminology).
Quote by jetfuel495
Well I assume if they do some anti-plagiarism check like Turnitin.com you'd be screwed.

This. I know some people that have done it and have got caught and been screwed over.

Quote by .Joker.
I just find it hard that they'd scan 30 essays per class (2-3 classes per semester) into a computer just to check if it's been done before.

Are you kidding me? Of course they do. In fact at my university you have to turn in an electronic copy that goes through turnitin automatically as well as a hard copy.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Last edited by jambi_mantra at Mar 26, 2012,
Surely there is more than one thing to write about in the field on criminology.

What are you expecting out of a career? To do something different every week?
I have a huge fear if rays.
Chances are no one would notice, but you could get into trouble if they did.(Invalid img)
Quote by .Joker.
What are the chances of being caught handing a paper you wrote a while back to another class? Has anyone done it? Worth the risk?
I just finished a huge paper for another class and don't feel like writing another one.

Don't do it. If you're at a legit university, they'll put the paper into their system and scan it against other entries.

Have a little integrity mate and write the paper.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I personally don't see anything wrong with it. You wrote it the first time, so it's your work already. The thing I don't understand is how the same exact paper would work for 2 different classes. Surely the essay topic is at least a little different? If it's different at all, then I would say just re-write it because it may seem like you're off point in your arguments.
[]
Quote by .Joker.
I pay for professionals to teach me a certain subject, I don't enjoy paying to do the work and learn it myself. I know it's part of the university life to write papers, but it just gets repetitive writing about the same topics (criminology).

Well in my personal experience, the best way to learn something is to invest effort researching it yourself. In the problem sets I do for my studies, I develop a much stronger grasp than I ever could from the lectures alone. The reason for that is that it's really easy to follow what somebody is telling you and much more difficult to apply or even rephrase it, possibly in a different (broader) context. You will likely learn a good bit if you choose a new topic. And 8-10 pages really isn't bad at all. Good luck!

(I also think it's quite whiney to complain about one 8-10 page paper and to feel entitled to have your teachers do your work for you, they probably have better things to do )
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
Last edited by keinerniemand at Mar 26, 2012,
Dont be a pussy. Do it.

I wrote a long ass thesis for my psychology class once and then recycled it and used it for my English class the very next semester. No way TO find out and no one cares. Otherwise, have fun writing another paper. Take the lazy way out
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by .Joker.

University is not there for the teaching staff to hold your hand right the way through to your degree.
One of the reasons having a degree was always seen as a great thing for your employment prospects was that it demonstrated that you were capable of working on your own; thinking critically about subjects anmd making your own damn mind up.

As someone else said, grow a little integrity, and write the ****ing thing from scratch.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
University is not there for the teaching staff to hold your hand right the way through to your degree.
One of the reasons having a degree was always seen as a great thing for your employment prospects was that it demonstrated that you were capable of working on your own; thinking critically about subjects anmd making your own damn mind up.

As someone else said, grow a little integrity, and write the ****ing thing from scratch.

Absolutely. I don't know about other universities, but if you only ever used what was taught in lectures, you got no higher than a 2:2. The whole point of university is to become well read in a subject. If it means repeating yourself, then it means repeating yourself- the knowledge actually gets reinforced in the process. Hell, if you really want to do well, you'll revisit your old essay pieces anyways, because you may well need that information in your final year exams. Again, understanding why you got a certain mark and figuring out how to improve it is fantastic work ethic.