I have a Vox AD30VT and am SOOOO unhappy with it. Every single time I plug in and play, I become demoralized. What amp is the prime choice -between 300 and 600$- for a Fender Deluxe Player Edition guitar? I mainly play Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Pantera, Megadeth, and Jimi Hendrix.

Also, are there any effects I should buy?
Where are you located?

A Vypyr Tube will work (obviously).

You could do well with a Peavey Classic and a few pedals, if you don't want to go the modeling route.

You may also want to look into getting a humbucker for the bridge position of your strat.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I recommend you a hot rails from seymour duncan , humbucker on a single coil size with great tone. Some people are going to recommend you Bare knuckle, I've read some great things about them but I don't have any experience. Lot's of good pick ups in the market.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Offworld92
Where are you located?

A Vypyr Tube will work (obviously).

You could do well with a Peavey Classic and a few pedals, if you don't want to go the modeling route.

You may also want to look into getting a humbucker for the bridge position of your strat.

I was typing out a response and realized that I was about to say exactly what this guy said.

The only possible other option I could add would be a Peavey Valveking, with some pedals/new tubes/new speaker/etc.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
You could try a higher end roland cube? I have the 30W, big muff, and a hendrix wah and I get some pretty sweet tones out of my yamaha.
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
You're pretty much in need of a whole rig overhaul. Either sell the Strat, or get some new pickups for it. As for what, I'd go with a full sized humbucker, but that means a new pickguard. Alternatively, you can get a stacked bucker, like the Hot Rails....but don't get the Hot Rails. I've got the DiMarzio Super Distortion single-coil sized in my Tele. Great sounding pickup.

Sell the amp too. Look for a Peavey Windsor Studio. Then just use an OD pedal to get it into the thrashy territory.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
traynor ycv and a humbucker for the strat?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That is quite a range of different sounds, what is more important to you, the heavier tones or the more classic ones?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
get yourself a Peavey Valveking. i play a lot of similar stuff and that amp will get you in the ballpark for all of that stuff. as mentioned perhaps an overdrive will help as well. i'd also get a wah and a delay. if you want new pickups for your strat i'd look at Lace Sensors as they will bealmost noiseless and give you some more umph while retaining the basic strat sound.
Carvin V3m, or the Carvin Legacy micro. check em both out the legacy is bit more pricy but the V3m is $600.
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

The thing is, AD30VT is not a bad amp, especially when compared to some other amps from the same price range. I've had it for a year or two, so I know it's possible to dial in some cool rock and metal tones. Of course, it's still only a modelling amp, and you would probably prefer a better all tube amp.

I won't give you any amp suggestions, but I would like to point out some things to you. You want to have an amp which should be able to reproduce both metal and classic rock tones. It's not really a problem, but there is something you should be aware of. If you buy a "metal" amp (by metal I mean aggressively voiced, with mid scoop and a lot of distortion by default), you would be able to get metal tones, but your classic rock tone would suffer, because "metal" voiced amps always have that edge to them, and quite often it is impossible to dial in some lower gain tones which would not sound so metal.

But, if you get an amp which would provide you with satisfying rock tones by itself, you could always boost it with an overdrive to get you to the hard rock / metal territory. So, keep that in mind and use your ears. And humbuckers