Page 1 of 4
So...I'm from Miami and I'm in a band. This weekend was the Ultra Music Festival which I've gone to in 09 and 10 and it really is an AMAZING experience. This year I watched it live through the feed they had on YouTube and was blown away but how much success its had. Electronic music has taken over and is spreading all over the globe. The time has come for this music to take off but where does that leave us????

I think a lot of rock and metal bands in South Florida are all the same shit, full of screaming hated wearing black GARBAGE that all sounds the same (insert the techno same beat comment now) but its true. Miami doesn't even have a rock station anymore if you can believe it! We have classic rock but not modern rock.

Right now my band is on the verge of recording our debut album and do a whole documentary and some music videos and see where it takes us but I feel like our time has passed. Maybe I feel like this cause 200,000 people went to Ultra and 10 people came to our last show.

Anyways, I'm not hating on anything, I just think that in todays world of instant connection ALL FORMS of music can coexist on the same level for people to enjoy!

Its 2:45am and I'm just expressing my thoughts here.

Nite
As painful as it is to admit, country is the new rock. (as far as classic-rock styles go)
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
If you think that rock is dead, you're clearly only skimming the surface, the "mainstream" rock. Dive deeper; it's alive and well.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Quote by SlackusMaximus
So...I'm from Miami and I'm in a band.

I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I know there is rock out there but how is a small local band supposed to get to a level to be able to do a full tour? To play in front of thousands every other night?! To build a fanbase and live the damn dream!

I think my band needs to have the mission of "BRINGING ROCK BACK TO MIAMI"
That was sarcasm, both Miami and rock music are for old farts.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Just like Disco in the 70's...people will get tired of this shit quick. I mean....how can you NOT get tired of that crap?
I think the bigger bands out there need to help the local acts out. Bands that are known world wide should have local acts opening for them.
Quote by saint_berzerker
Just like Disco in the 70's...people will get tired of this shit quick. I mean....how can you NOT get tired of that crap?

Infected Mushroom has been making a living doing this "crap" since before you were probably born.
Maybe we do suck....judge for yourself. I'll say that right now our website is going through changes cause we just got a new bass player and are redoing a lot of stuff but its going in the right direction. The recordings are old, we're doing our album this summer. Plus the tracks up are some of our slower material. Blah blah blah...

www.insigniamusic.net
It's about time rock died.

Edit: That part amused me, too.
V
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Mar 26, 2012,
Quote by SlackusMaximus
Rock is ****ing dead

Quote by SlackusMaximus
a lot of rock and metal bands in South Florida are all the same shit, full of screaming hated wearing black GARBAGE that all sounds the same

Quote by SlackusMaximus
Anyways, I'm not hating on anything, I just think that in todays world of instant connection ALL FORMS of music can coexist on the same level for people to enjoy!

Yeah, sure.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by SlackusMaximus
I know there is rock out there but how is a small local band supposed to get to a level to be able to do a full tour? To play in front of thousands every other night?! To build a fanbase and live the damn dream!

I think my band needs to have the mission of "BRINGING ROCK BACK TO MIAMI"

Dude you're living in a major city. You've already increased your chances.

Busking, playing everywhere, making flyers/doing MAJOR promotion, getting a manager, getting signed, blah blah blah. Read a book on it or something.

Do you have a website?

Aaaaand rock isn't dead. If you think that you're just lazy or afraid of searching.
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Yea we need to record our faster heavier songs with more energy...the love song we have on there is a thorn in my side but people always like that song. Typical love ballad.
Quote by SlackusMaximus
...the love song we have on there is a thorn in my side but people always like that song.

All 10???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llv6Wpm99uo

Relevant.

But I disagree-though electronic music is "in", I think Rock will live on for a little while yet, and is still far from "dead".
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Quote by StewieSwan
All 10???

OT: lrnhow2mnageurband
twitter: @ljg35

Xbox Live (CoD MW3, Halo 4, NHL 13): ljg 01 Adler
Quote by StewieSwan
All 10???

We've played for 100's of people before but there has been shows when 10 people show up....every band has had those days.
Quote by StewieSwan
All 10???

You're just jelly he stole all 10 people in your audience.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by blake1221
Stop playing butt rock and maybe people would start showing up to shows.

+1 heard the songs...not very interesting.
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
Quote by SlackusMaximus
Yea we need to record our faster heavier songs with more energy...the love song we have on there is a thorn in my side but people always like that song. Typical love ballad.

i despise songs like the one on your website because they just about all sound the same...as in more the same than the stuff from florida you mentioned

if you could fuse some inovative elements in there it would help your cause

not saying your band suck you obviously have talent but that format has been done to death
Quote by Xiaoxi
You're just jelly he stole all 10 people in your audience.

Shhhhhhhh
Quote by Xiaoxi
You're just jelly he added all 3 people from your audience.

Fixed.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Fixed.

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Quote by necrosis1193
Fixed.

nice nice

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by dazed60
i despise songs like the one on your website because they just about all sound the same...as in more the same than the stuff from florida you mentioned

if you could fuse some inovative elements in there it would help your cause

not saying your band suck you obviously have talent but that format has been done to death

Yea, that's why that song is a thorn in my side. The new stuff is much more dynamic, think of grunge/pop rock fused with Metallica
Quote by SlackusMaximus
Yea, that's why that song is a thorn in my side. The new stuff is much more dynamic, think of grunge/pop rock fused with Metallica

ewwwwwww blegh

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 4