Hello UG forum
I have a big dilemma on my hands. I have been looking for a good Head+cabinet for some time now. I really like Marshall amps but also give a shot of looking for somethinf different. After some research i found two heads. An Orange TH100 and Orange TH30.

So here's my dilemma. The clean tone on both amps is really awesome, and the distordion also. From rock'n'roll to hard rock, to really heavy metal(maybe even John Petrucci ) The 30w amp can go from 30 to 15 and 7w and the TH100 can go from 100, 70, 50 and 35, both have FX loop, optional foot switch.

But i can't decide which one to buy, should i go for the TH30(which I heard is loud as **** for a 30watt amp) or the TH100(which is simply awesome, but am not shure how much the lover watts are quiter)

This amp is not going to be for my bedroom but for playing with my band, and on big stages and also clubs, pubc etc.
My styles go from Red Hot Chili Peppers, to Whitesnake, Guns'n'Roses, AC/DC, some Slovenian bands, Black Sabbath, a little Dream Theater.

So please help me decide on which ORANGE amp should I get.
TH100 or TH30

Thanks for helping
Last edited by viduc13 at Mar 26, 2012,
Portability of a 1x12 combo vs. the awesomeness of an enormous Orange half stack?

Either way, its a win-win. Orange amps are the best in my opinion. Personally, i'd go with the 30 watts just because of how portable it is. Both amps are easily loud enough for gigs. I've gigged with my tiny terror before and its half the wattage of the TH30..
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
I would go with the 100 watter for the extra balls. Especially if your looking for hard rock/metal tones.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
The 100 watter will stay cleaner on the clean channel at higher volumes, while the 30 will sooner break up in the power tube section.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Although I've never played the 100 watt, I do own the TH30. I love it, does everything I need with the 30 watt's being more than loud enough if that was something you'd be worried about. I haven't gigged with it yet but I've used it for band practice a few times and it has now problem in being heard and that's on the half power and two output tube settings, so 7.5 watt's and even then the volume knob is only about 1/4 of the way up.
But probably best to try them both as the 100 maybe even better, it was released after I got my TH30 so I've never tried it out.
Well, out of all the bands you posted, only Sabbath play an Orange. Take that into consideration....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at Mar 26, 2012,
Quote by LaidBack
Well, out of all the bands you posted, only Sabbath played a Marshall. Take that into consideration....

I thought that Tony was a laney guy? Idk, at some point he might have played marshall I suppose, Whitesnake didn't play marshall though?

The higher watts are where I would go TS. I'd assume the Th100 has bigger transformers, and that is always the better choice.

EDIT: I think you meant didn't play.... My bad lol
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I am just affraid if I buy the 100watt it won't get the really hard sound because it will be to loud, so that's the biggest dillemma
Quote by dementiacaptain
I thought that Tony was a laney guy? Idk, at some point he might have played marshall I suppose, Whitesnake didn't play marshall though?

The higher watts are where I would go TS. I'd assume the Th100 has bigger transformers, and that is always the better choice.

EDIT: I think you meant didn't play.... My bad lol

yup, made my edit. still too early for this shit.

^What do you mean, hard sound?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at Mar 26, 2012,
^

TS, at gigging volumes, you will be fine. If you need more power tube distortion, just switch the TH100 down to 50 or 35 watts. It is better to have the ability to go louder, or at least cleaner, and not need it, than to have the TH30 and find yourself in a position where you don't have any cleans or you can't hit a certain tone because your power amp is clipping too much
So if i buy the TH100 watt i will have no problem being extremely to loud or to quiet(well that won't be an issue ) with the hard sound i meant Ful on distordion, if it has to be quieter so peoples ears don't bleed
Quote by viduc13
So if i buy the TH100 watt i will have no problem being extremely to loud or to quiet(well that won't be an issue ) with the hard sound i meant Ful on distordion, if it has to be quieter so peoples ears don't bleed

You will get plenty of distortion, with no fear of peoples' ears bleeding.
Quote by LaidBack
Well, out of all the bands you posted, only Sabbath play an Orange. Take that into consideration....

+1

i'd get something more marshally
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?