Hi
I'm planing on buying a pair of headphones for home use, mostly listening to music on my iPod or my PC, and watching movies, but what concerns me is that I would also like to use them for some home recording, I don't have any experiences in recording so I don't know what sort of headphones I should buy.
Studio headphones with high impedance may not be good for portable devices like my iPod Touch, and low impedance headphones may not be good enough for recording.
I'm not sure if it's the right way but I was planning to do this :
Marshall TSL 602 emulated line out > hot plate > M-Audio FireWire Solo > Headphones
Correct me if I'm wrong but this should be good for both silent practicing and recording right ?
So In this case what kind of headphones is right for me ?
Guitar : Cort X-TH ( EMG 81-85 )
Amp : Marshall TSL-602
Effects : Boss MT-2, Boss NS-2
Thanks
Both headphones that you suggested have low impedance, does that mean I have to choose a low impedance headphone ?
Guitar : Cort X-TH ( EMG 81-85 )
Amp : Marshall TSL-602
Effects : Boss MT-2, Boss NS-2
In any case, you're looking at a compromise. Let me rephrase your question like this:

I'm planing on buying a power saw for home use, mostly for home building projects like decks and fences, but what concerns me is that I would also like to use it for some finer work, I don't have any experiences in carpentry so I don't know what sort of saw I should buy.
A scroll saw with a skinny blade may not be good for cutting boards and other lumber, and a circular saw may not be controllable enough for cutting curves.

See-what-I-mean?

You could compromise and get a jigsaw that will do neither of those jobs particularly well, but will, indeed, do both. But ideally, you'll want two saws.

Ideally, you will want a pair of "listening" headphones and a pair of "recording" phones.

That said, you should identify what you want those phones to do. If you want them to evaluate edits and listen for audio artefacts and such, then the above wisdom applies. If you just want them for simple tracking, it doesn't really matter.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.