I play guitar a lot so I usually get some beefy calluses. The problem is when I take a shower or even spend a small time in water they grow white and rip off, even onto the fret board. I will put moisturizer on them but that makes them softer and only works okay.

My question, any solutions? Any special callus lotions? Thanks.
Your fingers are callused because of your guitar playing and NOT because you have dry finger tips. Where is the logic of putting a moisturizer on your finger tips???
If anything, a moisturizer will only soften your finger tips more and make them more prone to flaking after playing guitar.
First of all, stop putting anything on your finger tips, they don't need it.
Second of all, every human being has softer finger tips after a hot shower and it is advisable not to play guitar for a while after a shower. Even Guthrie Govan himself once wrote that playing after a shower is not a good idea.
More than a few pros do such things as wearing rubber gloves in the shower.....
Don't play the guitar after showing. Don't take lengthy showers. Don't put on moisturizer unless absolutely necessary.

That should solve the bulk of the problems.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Rubber gloves is a good idea. However, the reason I started using moisturizer was because the skin was not going back to normal. It was staying white, soggy and deadish. Moisturizer does kill a lot of callus but at least skin isn't ripping off. The rubber gloves will definitely work though. Has anyone ever tried Work Hands?
Quote by ToneMasterDelux
I play guitar a lot so I usually get some beefy calluses. The problem is when I take a shower or even spend a small time in water they grow white and rip off, even onto the fret board. I will put moisturizer on them but that makes them softer and only works okay.

My question, any solutions? Any special callus lotions? Thanks.

So you want the skin on your finger tips to stay on permenantly even after days and days, weeks and weeks, months and months of guitar 'wankery' + showers and other crap it has to go through. I certainly wouldnt call it skin if it was able to do that.
Its normal for it to peal, fall of or whatever nomater how long you've been playing.
Wow, you guys have sissy hand. Ive worked out for years, so I already had "hard" hands. The calluses on my fingertips are bulletproof.

When you wash your hands or shower, let your hands DRY COMPLETELY.

Second, build your calluses. Do a lot of slides with each finger over the rougher low strings and a lot of tone bends on the high strings with each finger.

Your probably not giving your calluses a chance to harden and mature.