Hey guys!

We're a small group of developers and are planning to build a new app for android, capable of replacing your amplifier. We will provide a similar adapter like the ones already available for iPhone, which will allow you to connect your guitar and your hifi or headphones to your phone. The app will then apply several effects to the guitar sounds and play them back via your hifi or headphones in realtime. You'll be able to play your music without carrying your heavy amplifier.

It would be great, if you take part in our survey and fill in the form that we added (click the link), because we'd like to know, if there is enough demand to think about the production of the app.
We promise, it'll only take a minute.

-> Survey <-

-Gitsound
Started it, but the question "Would you buy our app" is at a stupid place. You haven't told me how much it will cost or a detailed enough description, so I'm going to put "nothing at all" at this moment in time based on what I currently know about the app.
That took way less than a minute!

Great idea, the only issue I could see is that any latency at all would ruin the experience, and everything I've ever done on a droid lags to hell. I had an Xperia arc for a couple of months, but ended up going back to my
Im sorry to hear that, we should probably change the description of the question, because you can select a desired price later in the survey! Thanks for taking part anyway.
That survey can't be any easier. I'm ready to buy when you are ready to sell.

I don't own an iPhone and don't plan on ever having one, but that's just me. I will reconsider when they add a battery door to it.
ive been actually thinking about switching to an iphone because of the lack of apps like that. i would definetly be interested in apps that act as amps/recording. Bring it on
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
this seems like a pretty good idea, to be honest. whenever i'm up late at night, I'm always on my tablet or playing guitar. and when I play guitar, I'm always wanting to play through my amp, which would be too damn loud for the parents. but with an app like what I think you are describing, it would let me play at night through my earbuds and be able to shape my tone to whatever I'm feeling at the time, cause i'm very indecisive to what I want to play when I'm tired. I'd like to see this happen
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I could see something like this doing pretty well. I personally would not get the app because I have a Line 6 POD HD 300. I also wasn't aware that there was an adapter to plug your guitar into your smart phone. Interesting!
Quote by decadence5423
I could see something like this doing pretty well. I personally would not get the app because I have a Line 6 POD HD 300. I also wasn't aware that there was an adapter to plug your guitar into your smart phone. Interesting!

iPhone has had the iRig ever since the 3GS came out, it sucked. You couldnt play high gain cause it would cause massive amounts of feed back, I actually posted a set of instructions with pictures on here to build your own iRig for $5. Peavey has one as well that used a active cirtuit and the app simulated a 6505, supposedly it worked better but Peavey wanted $30 just for the cable and the iRig costed $40 which was made by IK Multimedia.

Im glad someone is wanting to make an app like this for Androids cause I ditched my iphone for the MUCH BETTER HTC's.

Apple is a greedy company with crap products.
hey, if this is Kindle Fire friendly, I will definitely get this app.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
if that took anyone longer than a minute they should consider taking up drums.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I did it.

Definitely needs more details, as has been mentioned. How would you distribute these adapters (especially to us far off Australians )? What kind of minimum specs would you need to run an app like that without latency issues, etc? What kind of sounds would you provide? What effects, etc?

*shrug* Sounds interesting though
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
well needless to say and put just more than a little bit of research into this. I have an Asus ROG 73 laptop that is crazy fast. but my sound card is not adequate for an input device. I bought the I rig before I actually did a lot of research on this thinking it was going to be the perfect solution for what I wanted to do. I went out and got the AmpliTube for windows (it's free) and then I went to Google play and downloaded every guitar affects processing program that they have free,I also Grabbed quite a few different Digital music mixing programs.after all of that I picked up my guitar plugged into my computer and I'll be darned if I didn't get latency And white noise even on my laptop.I plugged in my smartphone, a galaxy III sand out of the can different emulating programs I got for my guitar I found 3 that would actually start up n run. I do not have a clue what they were running but they would load.and I had 1 that only is able to use the external microphone on my phone but it would kind of make noise.( digital mixing programs are untested. I don't give up that easily so onto research I went.
How is this going to be any different from Amplitube or GarageBand?
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
https://www.guitarchalk.com