I've been tempted to buy a new guitar lately, since it doesn't seem to be able to clean up enough with my amp to tighten up the sound. Maybe it's the amp, but I've had other guitars running through it and they sound much better. I don't have the cash to upgrade my guitar at the moment, and even if I did, I'm not even sure what I'd go to. So I'm thinking it might be about time I changed the stock pickups out of my Jackson. I have never done this before, so I don't know what I might be best off with. I've done some rudimentary research, and my ear says I like invaders and SH-6s. Not surprising since I'm a metalhead. I don't like EMGs (from what I've heard of them). Budget shouldn't really be a problem. Also, I'm looking to maybe do some other work on the inside of the guitar. Do some shielding and such, since I can get a lot of unwanted buzzing.

TL;DR, New pickups for a metalhead, and advice on what else I can do inside the guitar to improve it.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
in the Jackson V category i would check out the seymour duncan blackouts. I have them in my Jackson RR3 and they sound ****ing killer and brutal but they can clean up nice and are very organic.
Hmm. They're actives, right? Are they similar in sound to EMGs? Because I dunno, they sound synthetic to me. Digital. Kinda remind me of the sterile tone I'd get from some modelling transistor amps. But maybe I've just seen some bad clips.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
I'm not entirely sure about choice of pickups, but when you take them to be installed, ask the tech about options for eliminating unwanted electrical buzz. More shielding, upgraded hardware, etc. will help a lot.
Oh, I'll be installing them myself. I don't have enough limbs to pay for a tech to do work on my guitar. =P
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Look at some bareknuckles.
Gibson SG
Peavey 6505
Jet City JCA20H
Mesa 2x12

"They found her body, face down dead in the rain,
Such a shame,
Such a pretty face, never should have felt this pain"
Black Stone Cherry <3
No budget?

Bare Knuckles Pickup
1. Nailbomb (N) & Miracle Man (B)
2. Nailbomb (N) & PainKiller (B)
3. Cold Sweats (N) & Aftermath (B)
4. Miracle Man (N) & Aftermath (B)
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I don't suppose you could break those down in to what they're good for? Or at least, reasons for choosing one pair over the other.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips