Still trying to fully develope my picking hand technique. I have notices that I will apply a slight tilt, or rotation to my wrist to avoid the other fingers from grazing the strings by mistake. I will rotate the pinky side away from the body of the guitar, and the thumb side closer to the body. Now its not some huge amount of rotation, mostly just enough not to graze the strings. This is exactly how I hold my pick, please excuse my paint skills, but it's sort of a visual on what I mean by tilting. So my question, is this bad technique? Should I stop doing this and switch to an open style picking hand? As always thanks for everything guys.

P.S. I am not referring to pick angle in this post.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
Nope, nothing wrong with that at all.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The arm moves the hand across the strings, the wrist controls the pick.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by Nameless742
The arm moves the hand across the strings, the wrist controls the pick.

Or fingers can control and prob should control pick
But this goes up to 11
Quote by deltadaz
Or fingers can control and prob should control pick

What?

So your argument is, you shouldn't use your wrist, and only use your fingers for pick motion?

Sounds like a bunch of wasted energy that will cause unneeded stress and tension.
Ok, thanks guys. I can put that to rest in my mind now. lol
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.