I believe Malmsteen used his "Duck" Strat during his early recordings. If not, he used a Strat anyway. What were the features of this Strat?

I know he now uses SD Pickups (but his tone has gone ugly). FBTS tone was much nicer, cleaner and smoother, yet distorted. What pickups were those? DiMarzio, by any chance? If so, which?

I'd really like to know what Malmsteens pickups were during his 1984-1988 pickups were.

Thankyou
Quote by YYMMalmsteen
I believe Malmsteen used his "Duck" Strat during his early recordings. If not, he used a Strat anyway. What were the features of this Strat?

I know he now uses SD Pickups (but his tone has gone ugly). FBTS tone was much nicer, cleaner and smoother, yet distorted. What pickups were those? DiMarzio, by any chance? If so, which?

I'd really like to know what Malmsteens pickups were during his 1984-1988 pickups were.

Thankyou

Sorry, I now see that they were apparently DiMarzio. What made that guitar sound so AWESOME on his debut Rising Force?
He used HS-3's in the neck and the bridge

Before the rising force era he always used Dimarzio FS-1's

If you watch the live Acatrazz videos he was using FS-1's on those strats and they sounded awesome. His most identifiable tone though is associated with the HS-3's
"The Duck/Play Loud" is sooo awesome. But he retired it I don't think there's a huge difference between the pickups he uses now, and the pickups he used before, though his tone is bad now.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Yeah I don't care for the new tone as much either. It's heavily saturated with alot of gain/compression and verb/delay.

His old school Alcatrazz tone was the best. He didn't need anything on the tone, and he was playing faster and cleaner then he does nowadays.
Yeah. And his newer non-instrumental stuff is horrible.

Digitech Bad Monkey

He is using Seymour Duncan's now and I dont think his newer stuff is bad Perpetual Flame had some great tunes to each their own
2CoolGhouls

✌ Visit my listings for the best in Scary Props, Horror Toys, Masks and more! ✌
The singing is so bad.

Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Dr Sixstring
The singing is so bad.

Not a Ripper Owens fan I take it
2CoolGhouls

Yeah. Not a fan of power metal in general too.

Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Silky Smooth
Check this out

The quality isn't any good, but it's pretty awesome to see him so early on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiqxK8bBgV8

Great clip

Here is one of him performing Trilogy Suite Op 5 live from the Trilogy Tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vDNWvX6ofo&feature=plcp&context=C4eba440VDvjVQa1PpcFMmT0dILqsNTY0gDf3ZHs2Hxj80vSTjR7o=
2CoolGhouls