Not done this before to my memory, but thought I'd see what people thought of a track from my band's upcoming album, Born To Rule. The track is called Propaganda (Invasion of Thought), and if you like what you hear and wanna hear more (the other DG track in my profile isn't a final version) then click any of the links in my sig. to find us on the web!

Style is a sort of modern twist on classic heavy metal - might not be your thing but will be glad to have any feedback anyway We self-produced the album, and tracked vocals with a friend (Simon at SM Studios in Coventry, UK), then I mixed and mastered it all.

Song link

Edit: Oh, and will try to C4C everyone that wants it.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Mar 26, 2012,
Ooh, that's pretty cool. Drumming is damn cool, and the guitars are sick. Actually, to be honest, I have no criticism at all. This rocks. \m/ I have no idea what the vocalist is singing though, lmao. He has a nice vibrato, though.
HEY HEY HEY PAY ATTENTION TO ME

...never mind, I got nothing.

Play the blues in five easy steps!
Quote by SGen
1) Be black
2) Have very horrible things happen to you
3) pick up a guitar
4) ???
5) Play blues
Thanks dude, cheers for checking it out and glad you like what you hear! When the album comes out all the lyrics will be available, but I guess trying to figure it out is part of the fun Seriously though, cheers for the awesome comments
Very nice, the metalz I like not the recent crap that folks keep shoving out. Oldschool and new all at the same time.
I will sub.
Sounds pretty good - a lot of it reminded me a bit of Iron Maiden.

Definitely can't think of any suggestions for ways' I'd improve it, it was well structured, well played, and the mix sounded spot on so you must have a pretty good multitracker

Can't be bothered to dig out any of my old C4C threads, but feel free to post comments against any of the songs on my profile.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Indy_Fire
Very nice, the metalz I like not the recent crap that folks keep shoving out. Oldschool and new all at the same time.
I will sub.

Thanks! I know how you feel about modern metal (don't get me wrong, I like some current and recent bands and buy albums fairly often at the moment, but I think there's a lot more 'crap' out there at the moment too and I get bored at times how now nearly every metal band screams/growls the same way, and plays the same way, and all compete to be the heaviest... in fact, one of the reasons we manage to stand out (I hope) at gigs is because our singer actually sings!

Quote by GaryBillington
Sounds pretty good - a lot of it reminded me a bit of Iron Maiden.

Definitely can't think of any suggestions for ways' I'd improve it, it was well structured, well played, and the mix sounded spot on so you must have a pretty good multitracker

Can't be bothered to dig out any of my old C4C threads, but feel free to post comments against any of the songs on my profile.

Cheers Gary, Iron Maiden are one of our main influences (along with Judas Priest, Megadeth, Metallica and some more recent bands like Firewind and heavier stuff that you don't hear much of a tribute to in this song, but might in others ). You and your multitrackers though... Was recorded on several setups over the production period to be fair, but all digital recording to computer. Really glad you like it though, both musically and the production (especially the production, as that was mainly me so I'd feel bad if I'd let the others down with something I did most of!).

Will look at the songs on your profile and give 'em a bit of a listen with a nice big mug of tea, or a beer depending on how I feel a little later
A very strange sound you've got there. It reminds me of Metalcore but if it was released in the 70's (this isn't a bad thing!)

Even though NWOBHM isn't really my favourite genre I know enough to know that it's silly to expect massive thickness from the genre and to that end I think you've nailed it. I don't think I can really find anything much to crit, though I guess just saying "it's awesome" is a little useless so I shall have to do some nit picking.

- There's quite a bit of string noise on the guitars, though that's less a mix issue, more a performance issue.

- The mix is a little flat, when I compare it to my copy of British Steel, it's pretty much the same as that, though when comparing it to Angel Witch's new stuff that definitely is "beefier". I feel that the Angel Witch comparison is more fair, as both are more recent recordings. Not really sure how you'd go around fixing this though, it might just come from mixing gear tbh, I'm sure Angel Witch have far more resources to draw upon.

- The bass on my headphones is a little lacking... which is weird because the bass normally muds up like a bitch on these things, maybe that's a good sign though? I guess you've got it in there supporting those guitars well, but I can't hear it as it's own thing which is something I kinda expect from the genre.

There are my nit picks, make no mistake your mix is spot on, I just kinda feel like I'm wasting peoples time if I post a reply and don't give ANY kind of criticism.

I'd appreciate a C4C if you've got the time:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1533162
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Woah, didn't realise anyone else had replied ChemicalFire, will crit you tonight when I get back from work and try and be as detailed as yours - my bad!

Anyway, as I've found this thread again I came to post a live video of the same song and link to the thread in another thread. Apart from one or two slip-ups, wondering how people think the live version compares to the album track:

YouTube link