I believe Malmsteen used his "Duck" Strat during his early recordings. If not, he used a Strat anyway. What were the features of this Strat?

I know he now uses SD Pickups (but his tone has gone ugly and kinda dirty on the latest albums). FBTS tone was much nicer, cleaner and smoother, yet distorted. What pickups were those? DiMarzio, by any chance? If so, which?

I'd really like to know what Malmsteens pickups were during his 1984-1988 pickups were.

Thankyou
Quote by YYMMalmsteen
I believe Malmsteen used his "Duck" Strat during his early recordings. If not, he used a Strat anyway. What were the features of this Strat?

I know he now uses SD Pickups (but his tone has gone ugly and kinda dirty on the latest albums). FBTS tone was much nicer, cleaner and smoother, yet distorted. What pickups were those? DiMarzio, by any chance? If so, which?

I'd really like to know what Malmsteens pickups were during his 1984-1988 pickups were.

Thankyou

Sorry, I now see that they were apparently DiMarzio. What made that guitar sound so AWESOME on his debut Rising Force?
the duck strat is a 72 3 bolt neck and had stock pickups in it to begin with. i believe that he put in the same dimarzio's that ritchie blackmore had in his at that time. (fat strat i believe). later he went to the stacked pups from seymour duncan. now he uses dimarzio's again. 6 point trem and large headstock would be the only features per se. basically it's just an early 70s strat. yngwie also used a DOD overdrive unit back in the day.