Hi. So I'm performing this song as well a a couple others in two weeks but I can't seem to find out what the bass line is in the verse and intro. It sounds like it's just hammer-ons but I'm not sure. The song is I Will Go by Starfield. Thanks
Bass:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Acoustic Guitar:
Squier SA-100
Search youtube for lessons and/or covers. Almost everytime I learn a new song, I watch a cover, or something of the like, to work out the timing. Then I look for the tab.
Already tried multiple times. No luck
Bass:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Acoustic Guitar:
Squier SA-100
as far i can tell it is mainly just the roots of the chords with the intro including an upbeat of one note down from whatever the chord is - i think its an Ab with an F# upbeat with my somewhat patchy pitch hearing.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
If you want to learn it in a way that youll get something out of it at theend, here's what i would do and something i do for most tunes i learn.

Sit down and listen to it a few times an listen to it threw, i usually do this while driving or on the tram or whatever. Then write out the chord progression, this doesnt have to be the actually chords but the intervals(not right word i think) like I-V-II or whatever the chords are for each bar, then youll have a basic form. Then find the key and write in the actual chords and hey presto youve got the basics of the song and youll know exactly what notes can be
used.

I generally do it this way as i dont like to try and learn everything purely by ear as it takes some of the fun out and makes more of a trial. This way when you play the song the first time you have so much to work with. And to get most of it you dont even need your bass or guitar or whatever near you.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
If you want to learn it in a way that youll get something out of it at theend, here's what i would do and something i do for most tunes i learn.

Sit down and listen to it a few times an listen to it threw, i usually do this while driving or on the tram or whatever. Then write out the chord progression, this doesnt have to be the actually chords but the intervals(not right word i think) like I-V-II or whatever the chords are for each bar, then youll have a basic form. Then find the key and write in the actual chords and hey presto youve got the basics of the song and youll know exactly what notes can be
used.

I generally do it this way as i dont like to try and learn everything purely by ear as it takes some of the fun out and makes more of a trial. This way when you play the song the first time you have so much to work with. And to get most of it you dont even need your bass or guitar or whatever near you.

Hi Sam.

Unlike fatgoogle my ear is terrible (and I'm lazy, which may be the same thing)so I go straight to the chord sheets http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/s/starfield/i_will_go_tab.htm is 5* rated and it looks like a simple song so it is probably ok.

I start by playing the root and listening for the timing of the chord changes, sometimes I do this on a guitar before I pick up the bass. Then, as soon as I can play the song through with the root I'll build in any fills or variations.

We all have our own way of learning new songs. Because I am in two gigging bands and play other stuff I learn a lot of songs often under time pressure. Try and learn a new song at least once a week and you'll soon find out what works best for you.