I have two guitars and two amps that I would like appraised. Thinking about selling them, but I don't know how much I can get from them with the damage that's been done, or the mods I've made.

Up first is a Fender Standard Stratocaster, made in Mexico in 2004, all original except I replaced the bridge pickup with a DiMarzio 36th Anniverdary PAF. It's mostly the same tonal characteristics of the original pickup, except it doesn't suck, and isn't broken like the original was. Also, I painted black stripes on the pickguard. Other than that, mint and all original.

Next is a Godin Fifth Avenue Kingpin, entirely original, only flaws are a chip in the paint almost underneath the pickguard, and some scratches on the back of the body.

I also have two amps, one of them a Vox VT40+, mint condition, and the other a Vox Pathfinder 10, mint condition except for two missing knobs and a broken gain pot that doesn't stop at the end. Still resists, though, so you know when it's been turned as far as it should be.

How much do you think I would be able to get for each of these items?
You'd get a good idea by searching the completed listings on eBay. Obviously that wouldn't account for any customisation/damage, but it should give you a good enough idea to make a decision about selling.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
You'd get a good idea by searching the completed listings on eBay. Obviously that wouldn't account for any customisation/damage, but it should give you a good enough idea to make a decision about selling.

That was my first thought, too, but I also thought it would be important to get estimates on how much any damage lowers the value to people here. Just in case.
This would be my guess for a sale on Craigslist. A gig bag or case help the sale/value on the guitars...

- Strat $225-$250
- Pathfinder 10 $30
- Vox VT40+ $150
- Godin $350-$425
$45
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
mint condition except for two missing knobs and a broken gain pot that doesn't stop at the end. Still resists, though, so you know when it's been turned as far as it should be.

So in other words, nowhere near mint condition.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11

It still sounds and looks the exact same.

also I like mints so yeah
Last edited by TextOnTheScreen at Mar 26, 2012,
You don't really get to say "mint except..." if there's something wrong with the instrument. It makes me wonder about the other stuff, too. "Mint except I painted all over the pickguard" isn't mint either. If it's not pristine, fresh out of the box in complete working order, it is not mint. You don't get to make exceptions because it still looks nice.

I think Fly was right on with most of the prices, except that you'll be lucky to give that Pathfinder away given how saturated Craigslist is with cheap amps, and perhaps a bit lower on the Godin since they're a hard sell in the first place.
Quote by ma_tt11

Hahaha, classic.

You see it on ebay all the time "Absolute mint condition other than 6 dings in the body, loose jack and crack in head stock."
Quote by Roc8995
If it's not pristine, fresh out of the box in complete working order, it is not mint.

+1

At best you could describe this kit as "good working order", but if the knobs are damaged even that is pushing it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
+1

At best you could describe this kit as "good working order", but if the knobs are damaged even that is pushing it.

Yeh, I'd go as far as saying "Spares or repair" for something in that condition. You'll be lucky to even give it away if it's a budget amp to begin with.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Quote by Roc8995
You don't really get to say "mint except..." if there's something wrong with the instrument. It makes me wonder about the other stuff, too. "Mint except I painted all over the pickguard" isn't mint either. If it's not pristine, fresh out of the box in complete working order, it is not mint. You don't get to make exceptions because it still looks nice.

I think Fly was right on with most of the prices, except that you'll be lucky to give that Pathfinder away given how saturated Craigslist is with cheap amps, and perhaps a bit lower on the Godin since they're a hard sell in the first place.

totally agree. as soon as i see mint except (fill in blank) that says the item is probably not in great shape. it also screams that the seller is trying to put one over on buyers by not being all that truthfull. if the guitar has issues that requier repair then that lowers the value by at least as much as the repair will cost to be be fixed professionally (even if the buyer can do it themselves, they won't tell you that). of course the hassle factor will also devalue the item.

the amp is a throw in item to encourage the sale of the guitar. people like free even if its nothing to get excited about.
Quote by lbj273
$45

$46
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Get a new pickguard for the Strat. You will never move it otherwise. No one wants to buy something that someone doodled all over. With a new pickguard, you'll probably get $250.

The Godin will probably go for $300-350, unless you find someone that really wants one.

$120 for the VT40, $10-20 for the Pathfinder, if you can find anyone that wants to buy either.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
$46

Hot damn, how can I pass up an offer like that? Sold! And I'll even throw in a free Korean child.
^Sigged
Grats, you jsut got unsigged?