Oh hey! I really have always liked Acoustics. I do like electrics as well, but the tone I've grown to love is making me make sort of a bad decision as an 18 year old.

Call me sentimental, but I've always wanted a guitar that would age with me. One that would age well, and that I'd be able to pass off to the kids or granddkids one day if I even have those (

My problem is I really don't know a lot about different guitar models or anything, or the workings of acoustics. I read through the stickies and know more than I did, but I don't really know what to look out for. My guitar teacher has always pressed Taylor on me as a good company, a friend always talked about how I should go with a Martin.

That picture in one of the stickies, the tone-chart definitely helped me find a decent description of the sound I like. I really like the tone behind a Martin 000-1. The delicate tone as it's worded.

Other tones I've always enjoyed are those Faith parlours Rob Chappers enrdorses, whatever model Sigur Ros or the Tallest Man on Earth use.

Just listened to the Martin D18, geez. Gorgeous tones.

Anyone have suggestions? ^^
Last edited by Monty522 at Mar 26, 2012,
Taylor & Martin are both good suggestions, but you really should go to a store and try them. Just because other people like them doesn't mean you will too.

What is your budget & location etc?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Taylor & Martin are both good suggestions, but you really should go to a store and try them. Just because other people like them doesn't mean you will too.

What is your budget & location etc?

This. If those guitars are in your budget and you like the sound of them, chances are you will like playing them too. But I'd also reccomend going to a shop and trying out a few to see how they feel in your hands. There are also very nice guitars in a cheaper price bracket that you may like as well.
Quote by Monty522

Other tones I've always enjoyed are those Faith parlours Rob Chappers enrdorses, whatever model Sigur Ror or the Tallest Man on Earth use.

Anyone have suggestions? ^^

Also are you talking about Sigur Ros right here?
I'd throw into that mix Garrison guitars. They're great sounding acoustics. Cheaper than the Martins.
Quote by Rebel Scum
I'd throw into that mix Garrison guitars. They're great sounding acoustics. Cheaper than the Martins.

I thought Garrison had been bought by a US guitar firm, and the brand discontinued.

??
Quote by another_dave
I thought Garrison had been bought by a US guitar firm, and the brand discontinued.

??

Dunno...
Quote by BoyLilikoi
Also are you talking about Sigur Ros right here?

Ahh yeah I meant that! Can't believe I typo'd one of my favorite bands..

Quote by Rebel Scum

The G50 sounds great! Are they cheaper because of a lesser known brand name or a lack of certain features?
Last edited by Monty522 at Mar 26, 2012,
that is correct. they were bought by gibson to use as their at the time new "gibson canada" factory, then closed down.

Quote by another_dave

??

Monty522, i seriously suggest you go to a store and play everything you can get your hands on, every brand, size and shape. then do the same several more times, noticing what you like more - or dislike more - about each guitar.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!